Windows 10: Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

Discus and support Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Following a recent windows update my computer started up in safe mode. I was able to get it out of safe mode by restarting but now every time I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. Nyb., Jan 30, 2023.

1. M. Nyb. Win User

Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

Following a recent windows update my computer started up in safe mode. I was able to get it out of safe mode by restarting but now every time I start up my laptop it starts in safe mode and takes several tries to start up at all, keeps saying it can't load my user profile. I then have to restart again to get it out of safe mode.I already followed the steps windows+r, msconfig, etc to clear the safe boot and safe boot is not selected in the system configuration. I've checked this both in and out of safe mode. The only thing I can think to do is change it from selective startup to normal sta

:)

M. Nyb., Jan 30, 2023
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

Can't get out of safe mode

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• How did you went to safe mode?

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type msconfig.

• Go to boot Tab.

• In the boot option uncheck the safe boot option and save it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

1. Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system... - Similar Threads - Computer keeps starting

2. Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...: Following a recent windows update my computer started up in safe mode. I was able to get it out of safe mode by restarting but now every time I start up my laptop it starts in safe mode and takes several tries to start up at all, keeps saying it can't load my user profile. I...
  3. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  4. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  5. Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode: Hello,Two days ago, when I wanted to start my laptop it didn't start. I tried to see if the num lock and caps lock keys worked and they didn't. So then I shut it down because nothing happened, there was only a black screen. The cursor didn't show up either.Anyways, my...
  6. Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode: Hello,Two days ago, when I wanted to start my laptop it didn't start. I tried to see if the num lock and caps lock keys worked and they didn't. So then I shut it down because nothing happened, there was only a black screen. The cursor didn't show up either.Anyways, my...
  7. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE: I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time, but eventually it was successfully installed. Then I noticed ntoskrnl.exe CPU usage suddenly gone up. I immediately tried...
  8. Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.: So I have a self built PC that has window's 10 on it, so this may make things a little tough, I've had it for years with no issues though, so it makes me think it has to be an issue with a recent update. I did check to make sure everything in my computer is connected so that...
  9. Stop computer booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop computer booting into safe mode: My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode. Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does not work. I am sure that I have remembered it correctly. I can log into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and see my...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...