Windows 10: Computer keeps suddenly restarting

Discus and support Computer keeps suddenly restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm gonna keep this short. My computer keeps suddenly restarting randomly. Here's the error log of one of these reports. They're all the exact same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keegan Stuckey, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Computer keeps suddenly restarting

I'm gonna keep this short. My computer keeps suddenly restarting randomly.

Here's the error log of one of these reports. They're all the exact same.

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    ‎10/‎18/‎2019 3:46 PM

Status
    Report sent

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 124
    Parameter 1: 0
    Parameter 2: ffff8b8c11fc1848
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_17763
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_LG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT

The log says it's giving me the Blue Screen of Death, but that's not the case; when the error occurs, my screen suddenly turns off. It restarts in a few seconds. The "Bucket ID" part leads me to believe it's a problem with my processor, but I don't know anything about how computers work, so I need help.

If you know what the problem is, and can help me fix it in ways that aren't just "buy a new computer", that's be great. Thanks in advance.

:)

Keegan Stuckey, Oct 19, 2019

2. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer suddenly restarts

Hi Christopher,

The Event Viewer only logs the things that happened to the computer. If your computer suddenly restarts, Event Viewer will document it but it will not show you what has caused the unexpected restart. We need to gather more information for us to better assist
    you on your sudden restart concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start encountering the sudden restart issue?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering a blue screen error when your computer restarts unexpectedly? If so, what is the error message that you're getting in the blue screen

It is possible that there is a third party service running in the background that is causing the sudden restart issue.While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly
    perform a clean boot for us to verify if the issue will occur while your third party services are disabled.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Computer keeps suddenly restarting

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps suddenly restarting

1. Computer keeps suddenly restarting - Similar Threads - Computer keeps suddenly

2. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  3. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  4. Computer Keeps on Restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps on Restarting: I decided to use the activation key from an old family PC and now whenever I check my microsoft account it always sets it up as that PC even when I do not use an activation code. This is problematic because I believe my computer is now running windows 8 on a windows 10...
  5. Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting suddenly: Hello, I've been experiencing this issue with my HP Pavilion x360 2016 running Windows 10 2004. Sometimes, when I'm working, Explorer.exe would just crash which would cause the taskbar to reset. I checked Event Viewer, and found the following: Faulting application name:...
  6. Computer keeps restarting

Computer keeps restarting: I clicked something last night that was supposed erase unused apps etc in oder to help with speed of computer. I originally searched in the windows 10 search menu “fix slow computer.” I clicked fix now and a list of apps to be removed were listed. I approved and now it is...
  7. Sudden and repetitive BSOD keeps restarting

Sudden and repetitive BSOD keeps restarting: There are times wherein I open my PC and startup starts kinda slow starting from a black screen that takes minutes before my actual desktop loads then i try to do stuff but my screen starts to open BSOD and shows a stop code "REFERENCE OF POINT". I don't know what to do i...
  8. Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Keeps Restarting: Due to having little storage I decided to reset my windows 10 laptop. As it was reseting, halfway through it said it ran into a error and needed to try again. I clicked on Return to Windows 10 and then my computer restarted. Then it kept restarting and continues to do so. I...
  9. Computer Keeps Restarting

Computer Keeps Restarting: I'm having an issue. Earlier today I started experiencing an issue where my computer will hard restart itself. I'm usually experiencing these restarts when I spend some time on a browser, using Firefox right now. Seems to happen slower when I'm just browsing. But when I get...
  10. Computer keeps restarting

Computer keeps restarting: I have an MSI Stealth Pro laptop (model gs63vr 7rf) and it crashes/reboots itself a few times a day. It seems to happen if I leave it for too long. I've looked in the event log and can't see anything which pinpoints the cause of the reboots, all I can find is a message after...