Windows 10: Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

Discus and support Computer keeps switching back to the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is it doing this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanCross3, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

Why is it doing this?

:)

RyanCross3, Nov 11, 2018

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Defender keeping from connecting to network computer

Hi,

I realize that Windows Defender is not letting you to connect the laptop to the desktop pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the laptop or the desktop prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the laptop as well as the desktop pc?

Suggest you to follow these steps on the laptop to check if that helps:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Once this is done you may also repeat the same steps on the desktop pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

1. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop - Similar Threads - Computer keeps switching

2. Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?: Hi! I updated to Windows 11 a while ago, and there's something about it that has been bugging me for a while now. In Windows 10, you could use the shortcut Ctrl + Windows key + the arrow keys to switch between desktops. In Windows 11, you can still do this, but the animation...
  3. Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?: Hi! I updated to Windows 11 a while ago, and there's something about it that has been bugging me for a while now. In Windows 10, you could use the shortcut Ctrl + Windows key + the arrow keys to switch between desktops. In Windows 11, you can still do this, but the animation...
  4. Why does my Windows 10 keep switching back to a desktop I'm not using

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows 10 keep switching back to a desktop I'm not using: Today I opened my Windows 10 like no problem then I shuted it down and then later like 2-3 hours later I came back to do school work and everything seemed normal I added a Google extension which was called Mew The cat Pet then its started taking me back so I thought it was...
  5. Why does my Windows 10 keep switching back to a desktop I'm not using

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Windows 10 keep switching back to a desktop I'm not using: Today I opened my Windows 10 like no problem then I shuted it down and then later like 2-3 hours later I came back to do school work and everything seemed normal I added a Google extension which was called Mew The cat Pet then its started taking me back so I thought it was...
  6. Why does my Windows 10 keep switching back to a desktop I'm not using

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to switch back to computer audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to switch back to computer audio: unable to switch back to the computer audio, output continues to show as headphones even after removing them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-switch-back-to-computer-audio/e226602d-bdbe-4e61-bf47-21882f7241bb
  8. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth: I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy. If you click the sound slider thing, you can select an output device there. Mine just keeps switching between Speakers and...
  9. Switches back to desktop while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switches back to desktop while gaming: My pc switches itself back to the desktop while gaming, without my consent or permission. I'm literally in the middle of a game, hands not even close to Alt or Tab, but it's like the system in thebackground somehow needs me back to the desktop. Sure I can Alt+Tab back into...
  10. How to switch desktop back to old style?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch desktop back to old style?: This is the new style that updated. [IMG] This is the style I want to go back to. [ATTACH] How do I change this back?!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-desktop-back-to-old-style/3a960079-6872-4619-94c9-3f2a3bf2f8c4