Windows 10: Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.

Discus and support Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer constantly keeps turning itself on everytime I put it to sleep mode ever since Microsoft updated my computer and I would like it to stop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SansBase, Oct 17, 2019.

1. SansBase Win User

Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.

My computer constantly keeps turning itself on everytime I put it to sleep mode ever since Microsoft updated my computer and I would like it to stop.

I tried following this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...y_way_to_stop_updateorchestrator_for/d0m1869/
    I also tried following this:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y/19272430-f41f-4947-904c-71ab34b220f0?auth=1
    And I tried going into Task Scheduler and manually changing it but I keep running into the same problem for all 3 of "Not having permission to disable" or having a need of a password for user "S-1-5-18" even though I'm literally the only user and account on this computer.

I also tried these two:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments

https://i.imgur.com/lGIS5va.png

What can I do to keep it in sleep mode and/or revert my system back before the update and prevent from updating again?

:)

SansBase, Oct 17, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I'll keep that in mind blobster21, for now I disable booting from keyboard and mouse to see if this fixes my problem... My computer sites on my desk and is very easy to just press the power button to turn on from sleep mode.

Delta6326, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.

1. Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps turning

2. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  3. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  4. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 update keeps turning itself on after I disable it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update keeps turning itself on after I disable it: I disabled it in service > windows update > property > disabled. However after a few days windows update is on again and remind me to update. I keep disable it and it keeps turning back on itself....
  6. Computer keeps turning on by itself -- and changing the time

Computer keeps turning on by itself -- and changing the time: I recently built my own computer, and it keeps turning on by itself, which is weird enough. I've tried all the solutions I could find online -- the motherboard bios, the wake timers, the fast startup, the scheduled updates, pretty much everything, and nothing's solved it....
  7. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  8. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  9. Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on: I use the Rotation lock setting to fix the position of my laptop screen when I'm using the device at an angle. However, any time a charger is plugged in or unplugged the Rotation lock setting turns off. Additionally, the setting sometimes randomly turns off for no reason, and...
  10. Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.: I like Win 10! It's really great and good looking. It also performs really well and my laptop starts quite fast. Only one thing that annoys the h... out of me. The reason for this is, that sometimes my laptop just goes to sleep mode. I only have to let it be for 2 minutes...