Windows 10: Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Discus and support Computer keeps turning itself on and off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CharleneCrum1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM.

* Moved from MSN?Accounts

:)

CharleneCrum1, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Gramps Win User

Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps turning itself on and off

1. Computer keeps turning itself on and off - Similar Threads - Computer keeps turning

2. volume keeps turning down by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...
  3. Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on: I use the Rotation lock setting to fix the position of my laptop screen when I'm using the device at an angle. However, any time a charger is plugged in or unplugged the Rotation lock setting turns off. Additionally, the setting sometimes randomly turns off for no reason, and...
  4. computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  5. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off: I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed....
  6. UAC is consistently turning itself off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is consistently turning itself off.: After researching the forums this morning I have decided to post my issue; I am consistently resetting the UAC (image below) and rebooting to allow Edge and Calculator to function as normal. [img] What must be done to keep this setting in its place permanently?...
  7. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100
  8. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  9. My computer randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer randomly turns itself off: Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800. anyway I have my pc connected...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...