Windows 10: Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

Discus and support Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My event viewer is filled with errors and information about some application called MultiAntennaSVC. I've searched google and these forums for whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael_Bo, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

My event viewer is filled with errors and information about some application called MultiAntennaSVC. I've searched google and these forums for whatever this is and cannot find it. Someone please help me figure out how to get rid of or fix this issue.

It says "The Description for Event ID 0 from source MultiAntennaSVC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install of repair the component on the local computer.

So my computer will be in hibernation and at some point in the night usually around 01:30 hrs the computer will wake up and event viewer shows this thing throwing errors for hours.

Windows 10 Asus Laptop

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="MultiAntennaSvc" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-11T09:18:54.670292600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4637</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>LAPTOP-33793FFC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>2) Current RSSI: #0 (-29), #1 (-44),</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Michael_Bo, Oct 12, 2019

2. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Oct 12, 2019
  3. yakideo Win User
    S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Hi all you at TenForums. I signed up so I could find a solution to a problem I have been experiencing with my Windows 10 system.

Recently, I've taken to Hibernating instead of Shutting Down or Sleeping for long periods of time (this is partly because of how the electronics work in my room - I don't want to lose all my data in case a member of the family accidentally turns a switch off which means that the entire electrical current on my floor is cut off).

Anyway, I've tried hibernating my computer two times. Once, I left my computer to hibernate, and I come back again to find that it was ON. And just now, the computer came back on again after I left it to hibernate for the night...

I have tried searching online (and indeed found some posts on this forum which explore the issue), but the common problem of Automatic Maintenance may not be the answer in this case, because:
    1. It turns back on again after a short period of time. I didn't measure the time exactly, but I'd say it was about quarter of an hour to half an hour (I can only assume this happened the first time, what with me not being in the room).
    2. I followed the steps to reconfigure my "AM" setting on a tutorial on this site, and found that my time was 2AM - this was not the time of either instance of my system waking up (though I have heard AM happening spontaneously, no matter the time, and my "wake the system up" setting was checked...).
    Could it be a program on my system, or is there something wrong with the OS? Will test again tonight, and if my system does not wake up, then I will mark the topic as solved.

Thanks for your time

datwill310, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

1. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Computer keeps waking

2. Computer keeps waking itself up from sleep with event code 1014

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps waking itself up from sleep with event code 1014: It didn't used to do this before, then out of nowhere the past few nights even if it's in sleep mode it keeps waking itself up and i have to keep forcing it back into sleep mode Power > Sleep. When it occurs i check my even viewer and it's the same thing. Event ID 1014,...
  3. Computer keeps waking itself up from sleep with event code 1014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps waking itself up from sleep with event code 1014: It didn't used to do this before, then out of nowhere the past few nights even if it's in sleep mode it keeps waking itself up and i have to keep forcing it back into sleep mode Power > Sleep. When it occurs i check my even viewer and it's the same thing. Event ID 1014,...
  4. Computer keeps waking itself up from sleep with event code 1014

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  6. Event viewer strange things(?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event viewer strange things(?): Hi, in my event viewer several keys (name or description) are missing or are using weird codes instead of words, should I reinstall or use an older image? Is it broken and needs some fixing? [img] Thanks! 154621
  7. Event viewer strange things(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Event viewer strange things(?): Hi, in my event viewer several keys (name or description) are missing or are using weird codes instead of words, should I reinstall or use an older image? Is it broken and needs some fixing? [img] Thanks! 154621
  8. Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep: I've had this problem before where Windows would freeze while hibernating, but had fixed it twice (once it was because a program was trying to access something that wasn't connected by the power supply any more, once because hiberfile.sys was too small), but now it's back...
  9. Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes from hibernation by itself: It is happening around 6:00 AM every morning. Oddly it does not seem to be the exact same time. I have seemingly tried every obvious solution. 105084
  10. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation: My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have: disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked...