Windows 10: Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

Discus and support Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Draobyek, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Draobyek Win User

Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

Winver: 19041.572

I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep:

I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"

TimeCreated : 10/18/2020 10:08:59 AM

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T13:53:44.767008300Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T14:08:59.458164000Z

Wake Source: Unknown <---- All are unknown

TimeCreated : 10/18/2020 9:33:28 AM

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T13:18:14.481830300Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T13:33:27.563907500Z

Wake Source: Unknown

TimeCreated : 10/18/2020 8:57:58 AM

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T12:42:43.693269100Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T12:57:57.307187900Z

TimeCreated : 10/18/2020 8:22:27 AM

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T12:07:13.485510500Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T12:22:26.675844100Z

TimeCreated : 10/18/2020 7:46:57 AM

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T11:31:42.623408600Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎18T11:46:56.936104000Z

I have to completely shut down the computer to keep it off.

I ran this other command:

Get-ScheduledTask | where {$_.settings.waketorun}

TaskPath TaskName State
    -------- -------- -----
    \Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\ .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319... Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\ .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319... Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\InstallService\ WakeUpAndContinueUpdates. Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\InstallService\ WakeUpAndScanForUpdates Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ mcupdate_scheduled Ready<----
    \Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ StartRecording Ready<----
    \Microsoft\Windows\SharedPC\ Account Cleanup Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ AC Power Install Ready<----
    \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ Backup Scan Ready<----
    \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ Reboot Ready <----
    \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ Reboot_AC Disabled
    \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ Universal Orchestrator Start Ready<----

How do I disable these and can I disable them? Any other solutions?

I just did this:

Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation [​IMG]

Per this page:
    Windows 10 May 2019 update (1903) breaking sleep - Hacker's ramblings

Not sure if that will work.

:)

Draobyek, Oct 18, 2020
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Oct 18, 2020
  3. DaleDarin Win User
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

1. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation - Similar Threads - Computer keeps waking

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  4. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  5. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation: I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following: Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer. Updated drivers Turn off fast start up Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt USB...
  6. Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep: I've had this problem before where Windows would freeze while hibernating, but had fixed it twice (once it was because a program was trying to access something that wasn't connected by the power supply any more, once because hiberfile.sys was too small), but now it's back...
  7. Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.: Hi all, I am completely new to the forum, so hopefully this post is in the correct section. After the installation of a new graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660 Super) my PC is crashing every single time it resumes from either sleep or hibernation. (Running Windows10 1903...
  8. Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode

Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode: When I put my notebook (ASUS N750JK) to sleep at the end of the day, the next morning it reboots instead of waking up. Every time it happens, the Event Log shows a Critical Event (KernelPower, Event ID 41, I have a log file). It has been happening consistently for the past...
  9. Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation: Hi all you at TenForums. I signed up so I could find a solution to a problem I have been experiencing with my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've taken to Hibernating instead of Shutting Down or Sleeping for long periods of time (this is partly because of how the electronics...
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576