Windows 10: Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

Discus and support Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello firstly, I have no idea what started this, I was playing project zomboid probably 3 hours after I updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oakley_369, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

Hello firstly, I have no idea what started this, I was playing project zomboid probably 3 hours after I updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, I downloaded some steam workshop mods on project zomboid, and played all night, turned my computer off and went to sleep.Woke up, turned my computer on, about 5 minutes in it froze, and i get the bsod, i kept rebooting it, sometimes it would take a little longer to freeze, sometimes not, i eventually restored my pc to a restore point, which worked for probably 30 minutes until it froze, than my pc WOULD NOT load without getting bsod and be auto loaded into

:)

Oakley_369, Mar 29, 2023
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Computer BSOD and freeze constantly

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your facing BSOD errors, please try the below methods one by one to fix the issue.

Method #1

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon

Step 2:

Search for Command Prompt, right-click, and select the Run as administrator option.

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic & press Enter

Method # 2

Step 1:

Go to Search box next windows icon

Step 2:

Search for Command Prompt, right-click, and select the Run as administrator option.

Step 3:

Type the following command and press Enter:

SFC /scannow

Method#3: Check drivers

Make sure there are no errors or yellow exclamations marks in device manager

To do so, follow these steps:

Go to search box next to Windows icon

Type Device Manager in the search box

Determine if there are any corrupt drivers installed (any errors reported) from the list of drivers installed. If there are no errors reported in Device Manager, update the software of your most recently installed driver. To do so, expand & right-click on the
    list of devices shown under and click Update Driver.

Method #4: Run chkdsk or Windows Memory Diagnostic

To troubleshoot if the BSOD is caused by failing hard drive or memory, you can run the following tools:

chkdsk

Windows Memory Diagnostic

To run chkdsk, follow these steps:

Press the Windows and C keys to open Charm Bar

Type cmd in the search box

Right-click on Command Prompt from the results list

Click Run as Administrator

Once Command Prompt has loaded, type:

chkdsk C: /f

Replace C: with the letter of the drive where your Windows is installed.

To run Windows Memory Diagnostic, follow these steps:

Press the Windows and C keys to open the search box from Charm Bar

Type Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box

Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic from the search results list

Continue with the Windows Memory Diagnostic wizard to complete the process and wait for the results

Method #5: Disable overclocking from BIOS

In order to fix the BSOD errors on Windows 10 systems, make sure the Overclocking feature from your computer’s BIOS is disabled.

To do so, follow these methods to open BIOS.

Method #1: Complete shutdown

Switch to login screen

Hold the Shift key while also pressing the Shutdown button

Select Restart

After your computer restarted, it should open into the BIOS menu automatically:

Go to Advanced tab

Go to Performance

Look for a Overclocking option

Make sure it’s disabled

If it’s enabled, disable it

Save the settings and exit BIOS by hitting the F10 key. Choose Yes if you’re asked to exit with saving the changes

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Agility Win User

Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

computer freezes at windows logo.

Try scanning disk. There was once i was using Windows XP, the logo just kept loading. After a force restart, during the logo loading my computer kept BSOD. A fresh format did the job though. But i've lost all my data files. I've also tried taking the hard disk and plugging it into another computer, but it kept prompting me to format when i double click it.

You could have a hard disk crash or OS problem.

Agility, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

1. Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after... - Similar Threads - Computer kept freezing

2. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  3. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  4. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...: Hello firstly, I have no idea what started this, I was playing project zomboid probably 3 hours after I updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, I downloaded some steam workshop mods on project zomboid, and played all night, turned my computer off and went to sleep.Woke up, turned...
  6. Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer kept freezing and restarting because of bsod now it will o ly load bios after...: Hello firstly, I have no idea what started this, I was playing project zomboid probably 3 hours after I updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, I downloaded some steam workshop mods on project zomboid, and played all night, turned my computer off and went to sleep.Woke up, turned...
  7. Computer freezing, restarting, BSOD after 15 minutes, but doesnt freeze while gaming....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing, restarting, BSOD after 15 minutes, but doesnt freeze while gaming....: I have tried just about everything and the last guy Igor just stopped responding when I tried everything that he asked! Is there anyway someone can tell me why my computer is freezing/BSOD. sometimes a blue screen happens, sometimes the screen goes black. Every sort of...
  8. Computer freezing, restarting, BSOD after 15 minutes, but doesnt freeze while gaming....

Computer freezing, restarting, BSOD after 15 minutes, but doesnt freeze while gaming....: I have tried just about everything and the last guy Igor just stopped responding when I tried everything that he asked! Is there anyway someone can tell me why my computer is freezing/BSOD. sometimes a blue screen happens, sometimes the screen goes black. Every sort of...
  9. Freezes and BSOD, Even bios freezing.

Freezes and BSOD, Even bios freezing.: Hey guys built my PC in decemeber last year, It was solid untill a month ago. I started to get freezes out of no where, no BSOD just total lockup, then after 5-10 mins pc would reboot if i did not hard reboot it myself. I put it down to software issues, i DDU my nvidia...
  10. Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD: Hello, I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my...