Windows 10: Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

Discus and support Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I recently upgraded my ram from 2gb to 5gb and suddenly windows, games and programs lag. They are the same clockspeed and same brand and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InfernoWolf19, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

Hi. I recently upgraded my ram from 2gb to 5gb and suddenly windows, games and programs lag. They are the same clockspeed and same brand and my motherboard supports it. Pls tell me if there is a fix.

My Specs are:

Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC

Ram: 5.0 GB (4.86 Usable) DDR3

SSD: Crucial BX200

Media Accelerator/GPU: Intel® G41 Express Chipset

CPU: Intel® Celeron E330 Dual Core @ 2.50 Ghz

Motherboard: Veriton M275 with Latest BIOS

Windows 10 64bit Pro.

:)

InfernoWolf19, Dec 5, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

1. Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade - Similar Threads - Computer Lag RAM

2. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  3. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  4. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  5. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  6. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  7. BSOD after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  8. BSODS after RAM upgrade

BSODS after RAM upgrade: My computer has been experiencing BSODs after a recent RAM upgrade. RAM was installed in the same slots as the previous. I've also tried updating drivers through device manager, got some BSODs there while updating them. Also tried running system file check on CMD, which it...
  9. Blue screens after Ram upgrade

Blue screens after Ram upgrade: Hi, I got new Ram to Christmas and i wanted to install it wich I did. But now if I am using the Pc Blue screens are coming realy often here are some of them: Kmode exception not handelt, driver_verifier_detected_violation, Irql not equal or less, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...
  10. Problems after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after RAM upgrade: Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.) Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup, Blender, Sweet Home 3D) keep going Not Responding when doing any sort of major task. Perfmon shows 35% CPU usage and 40% RAM...