Windows 10: Computer Lag Every Other Reboot

Discus and support Computer Lag Every Other Reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my buddy helped build a pc for me with hardware from all over the place see below for general hardware information and the pc works well. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J_Galt1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. J_Galt1 Win User

Computer Lag Every Other Reboot

So my buddy helped build a pc for me with hardware from all over the place see below for general hardware information and the pc works well. However, I've run into an issue since windows was installed where on the first start up the pc "skips" or lags when doing anything. Examples include if I drag my mouse across the screen I'll see it jump ie lag, or if I'm playing a video/song every few seconds there will be a slight pause. When in this first boot the PC also does not turn off properly and I have to hold the power down to restart it.

The fix I've found is rebooting the PC and once it's been rebooted leave it in that state. If the PC goes into sleep mode the problem starts again and I have to reboot by holding the power down.

I'm using Windows 10 Student version as I got it free from the school I am attending. I've reinstalled windows already to try and fix the problem to no avail.

TLDR PC has a weird lag if that's the right term issue that is only fixed by rebooting. I have already reinstalled windows.

Thanks in advance!

Computer Lag Every Other Reboot 9f5ac8d5-5bd5-4e68-b320-5d363fe6ed4a?upload=true.jpg

:)

J_Galt1, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 8, 2020
  3. daniels7 Win User
    Windows 10 Mouse Lagging

Do you have the lagging issues as well?
    If yes maybe try to rename the file and reboot, as it sometimes is executed by other processes as well it seems.

Funny coincidence that we all have the same notebook model

daniels7, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Computer Lag Every Other Reboot

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Computer Lag Every Other Reboot

1. Computer Lag Every Other Reboot - Similar Threads - Computer Lag Every

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. Computer lagging for a period of time after every boot / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lagging for a period of time after every boot / restart: I have noticed that my computer will lag for a period of about 30 minutes each time I power it up or restart it. The lag is evident in characters appearing slower than normal when typing, as well as glitchy mouse cursor movements. When audio is played, the audio is also...
  5. Computer reboots from bugcheck every couple of days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer reboots from bugcheck every couple of days: Good morning,My PC Windows 10, 5600x, 16 GB RAM, 3060 ti, 3060 reboots every couple of days due to a bugcheck. Certain error parameters are appearing frequently such as 0x00000116 or 0x000000000000000d.I have compressed the dump files and uploaded it to google drive. Link :...
  6. Computer reboots from bugcheck every couple of days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer reboots from bugcheck every couple of days: Good morning,My PC Windows 10, 5600x, 16 GB RAM, 3060 ti, 3060 reboots every couple of days due to a bugcheck. Certain error parameters are appearing frequently such as 0x00000116 or 0x000000000000000d.I have compressed the dump files and uploaded it to google drive. Link :...
  7. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  8. Ethernet only works after reboot every other time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot every other time: Hello!I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card.This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I turn...
  9. Pc lags for a second every other second

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc lags for a second every other second: So I have had this problem since December, sometimes it just goes away. I’ve tried everything that google searches recommend. It effects everything making the pc basically unusable. Task manager shows 1% cpu usage but if I move the mouse across the screen it will just stop...
  10. Windows 10, every other reboot ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, every other reboot ?: I've installed Windows 10 just fine, with the latest Nvidia Win 10 driver, however when I reboot my system nothing works, not the start menu, not the apps, they do nothing, can't shut down except for a hard shutdown, after the hard shutdown the start menu and apps work fine...