Windows 10: Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig

Discus and support Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Describe the problem Computer is lagging on start up but only some times I notice it while typing moving the mouse playing video gamesThey are really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrisR_021, Jun 8, 2020.

1. KrisR_021 Win User

Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig

• Describe the problem
      • Computer is lagging on start up but only some times I notice it while typing moving the mouse playing video gamesThey are really unplayable during this I can even seen on my Corsair cooler 115i RGB that the light is even Lagging
      • If I restart the computer it hangs up on the restart page and will then crash windows But if I hold down the power button it will shut down and I can start it back up no problems
      • This only happens after I use windows to shutdown If I hold the power button to force a shut down and bring it back up it never lags and if I try and Shutdown/Restart while the lag is happening then it blue screens after about 10mins with Driver Power State Failure
      • Here is a video of exactly whats happening watch the mouse move: https://youtu.be/8szLM-GIaB8
    • Include your operating system including version and 32/64 bit.
      • Windows 10 64 Bit I did a Fresh install to see if this would help and still nothing
    • Include your entire system specs, including the wattage of your PSU.
    • Tell us which BIOS version you have. Some problems can be fixed by updating to the latest BIOS, so check that there are no updates available
      • Version 1404
    • Include any software running when it crashes if applicable
      • Startup Programs are
      • Discord
      • EpicGamesLauncher
      • ICUE
      • Realtek HD Audio
      • Steam Client
      • Windows Security

Just FYI windows is upto date

:)

KrisR_021, Jun 8, 2020

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 8, 2020
  3. asishbm98 Win User
    High End Game on a Low end PC

what happens when playing high end games on low end pc

asishbm98, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig

High end build, stuttering in every game

I mean power management. Your CPU can step down speed and voltages below reported specs. You can limit this feature in Windows Power Management so that your CPU always run at 100% frequency (or at Turbo Boost frequency when temps allow) and rated voltages.

Example:

On Balanced/Powersaving Mode a 3GHz CPU could be running at 800-3000MHz. Every time no process need full 3GHz, the CPU is speed stepped down to lets say 2.5GHz, if not even that is needed for full app performance, then the frequency is dropped further
    down until we reach the lower limit which was 800MHz in this case.

Now when your app suddenly need more speed, the CPU speed start to slowly speed step upwards until it reaches high enough for the app or it reached it's MAX. This can be a too slow process for things like games, so everything fall out of sync. Hence short freezes in the game.

On High Performance Mode a 3GHz CPU always run at least on 100% speed and sometimes even at MAX Turbo Boost frequency, thus possibly eliminating the small lags in Balanced/Powersaving Mode.

So, do you need assistance in configuring these settings? We could set up a Gaming profile for max performance and a balanced mode for normal desktop usage that would keep your computer quiet but responsive.

slicendice, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig

1. Computer Lagging after startup... High end Gaming Rig - Similar Threads - Computer Lagging startup

2. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  3. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  4. new high end windows PC having freeze followed up by input lag when using high end games...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new high end windows PC having freeze followed up by input lag when using high end games...: The Issue:I just built a new high end PC, games like Farcry 6, Farcry 5, GTA V freeze after loading into the 3D world and playing around for ~30 seconds. if i hit windows key or alt-tab it unfreezes, then starts executing all the input it received while freezed so the...
  5. new high end windows PC having freeze followed up by input lag when using high end games...

new high end windows PC having freeze followed up by input lag when using high end games...: The Issue:I just built a new high end PC, games like Farcry 6, Farcry 5, GTA V freeze after loading into the 3D world and playing around for ~30 seconds. if i hit windows key or alt-tab it unfreezes, then starts executing all the input it received while freezed so the...
  6. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  7. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  8. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

9. High end PC lags only after 5 months of purchase

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High end PC lags only after 5 months of purchase: Hello there :I'm having an issue with my new laptop. I bought this laptop around 5 months ago 2nd Jan, 2021 and this laptop is lagging way to much.For example, games like Minecraft used to run at 500+ frames but now it struggles to run above 150 FPS. With shaders it used to...
  10. BSOD usually when high end gaming, but then will loop BSOD on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD usually when high end gaming, but then will loop BSOD on startup: Hi, Im finding that i normally get a BSOD (Bad Pool Header) when playing high graphics games. The system will then restart over and over. I have to switch off the PC and then leave it for a while before coming back to it. What i have done: Updated all the drivers Ran...