Windows 10: Computer Lagging when starting up

Discus and support Computer Lagging when starting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. For the past few weeks, whenever I start up my pc, it would start lagging and going really slow for 5 minutes, then going back to normal. The mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by _Eli B_, Aug 27, 2020.

1. _Eli B_ Win User

Computer Lagging when starting up

Hi. For the past few weeks, whenever I start up my pc, it would start lagging and going really slow for 5 minutes, then going back to normal. The mouse would slow down, you can barely click anything, and the typing is delayed. I have looked up fixes and none that I have tried worked. I could really use some help. Thanks!

:)

_Eli B_, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Computer starts randomly lagging

So what did you download or what site you visited, that could have malware or possibly a browser 'hijacker' add on?

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
    1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      ESET OnlineScan
    2. Click the
      Computer Lagging when starting up [​IMG]
      button.
    3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      1. Click on
        to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      2. Double click on the
        icon on your desktop.
    4. Check
    5. Click the
      button.
    6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    7. Check
    8. Push the Start button.
    9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    10. Push
      , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

Tenforo, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Computer Lagging when starting up

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Computer Lagging when starting up

1. Computer Lagging when starting up - Similar Threads - Computer Lagging starting

2. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Lags After Start-Up: Hi all,I have a strange problem within Win 10, where my mouse starts to lag after boot up. I'll log in, get into my desktop and then the mouse starts to stutter and lag. I have 32GB of RAM, the 10th gen i7, and the RTX 2060 Super, so there is no hardware reason for it to act...
  3. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Lags After Start-Up: Hi all,I have a strange problem within Win 10, where my mouse starts to lag after boot up. I'll log in, get into my desktop and then the mouse starts to stutter and lag. I have 32GB of RAM, the 10th gen i7, and the RTX 2060 Super, so there is no hardware reason for it to act...
  4. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pop ups when starting up my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop ups when starting up my computer: Whenever I start up my computer there is a small box that appears and then disappears and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Is this a virus or some type of malware? And if it is how do I get rid of it....
  6. Computer suddenly started lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly started lagging: My laptop suddenly started to lag like crazy. I was running just fine yesterday, and I don’t do anything crazy on it like keeping a million chrome tabs open. Windows defender says I don’t have a virus. My laptop is pretty good (Core i5, GTX 1650, 8 GB RAM). What can I do to...
  7. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  8. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  9. Mouse lag at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lag at start up: When I logon to my laptop, the mouse lags for around 5 seconds after bootup, then seems to rectify itself. this happens every time I logon. I have tried a clean boot disabling startup items, but can't figure out the cause....
  10. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...