Windows 10: Computer Lagging

Discus and support Computer Lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell with Intel CORE 13 9th Generation and was set up 11/20/20. First week was fine and no problem at all up to 11/25/20. When I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobby RV Stich, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Computer Lagging

I have a Dell with Intel CORE 13 9th Generation and was set up 11/20/20. First week was fine and no problem at all up to 11/25/20. When I was using this 11/30/20, noticed that tabs are lagging even it only 3 tabs that were open. Programs were lagging too. I restarted this trice already and still doing the same thing. I have to reload every tab to have this working. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

:)

bobby RV Stich, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Computer Lagging

Computer makes buzzing and lags my games Windows 10

Hi,

This issue may arise due to: outdated drivers or third party conflicts.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you playing the game? Is it through app or online game?
    • Do you get any error message while playing the game?
    • Is this issue specific to particular game or all?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow the below steps.

Steps 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to place your computer in Clean Boot state as below and check whether the issue persists or not.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    (Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 2: I suggest you to Update display drivers
    and check if it helps.

To Update display driver, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the adapter and click
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and the basic driver will be updated automatically.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to download the install the Display drivers from manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer Lagging

1. Computer Lagging - Similar Threads - Computer Lagging

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  4. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  5. Computer games lagging badly

Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  6. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 0x80070643 Can't do a windows update and it's lagging my computer badly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Can't do a windows update and it's lagging my computer badly.: It says it'll install the update but then it doesn't even work and it says error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070643-cant-do-a-windows-update-and-its/f9582a75-e8d2-4dee-a57d-467241bdbe54
  8. 0x80070643 Can't do a windows update and it's lagging my computer badly.

0x80070643 Can't do a windows update and it's lagging my computer badly.: It says it'll install the update but then it doesn't even work and it says error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070643-cant-do-a-windows-update-and-its/f9582a75-e8d2-4dee-a57d-467241bdbe54
  9. 0x80070643 Can't do a windows update and it's lagging my computer badly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.

Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.: I keep getting random lag spikes, I've diagnosed a few problems and solved them, but I keep getting more problems regarding lag spikes, one was with the Widgets application, so I uninstalled that entirely, and one with Intel's telemetry, so I disabled that service, but I've...