Windows 10: Computer lags out when changing resolution in game

Discus and support Computer lags out when changing resolution in game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I play a game and I change the resolution to anything other than what my native resolution is on my monitor 1920x1080, the audio completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoG12, Oct 29, 2020.

1. LeoG12 Win User

Computer lags out when changing resolution in game

Whenever I play a game and I change the resolution to anything other than what my native resolution is on my monitor 1920x1080, the audio completely messes up and I keep freezing for 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs when I have my external 1080p monitor plugged into my laptop.

Whenever I would have to tab out/back in this problem would happen again and I would be lagging for another 5-10 minutes. I tried changing the resolution of my monitor through the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to the same resolution as what I wanted in the game but it didn't work. When I change the resolution in full screen games when I don't have my monitor connected this problem doesn't occur.

Thank you,

Leo

:)

LeoG12, Oct 29, 2020

2. Resolution and lag

Hello people of Microsoft.

I can't change the resolution of my screen. The text is grey and nothing happens if I click on it.

It is stuck on 1920 x 1080. I know it's suggested but I used to have it bigger.

Also, I am experiencing heavy lag on games like Terraria, which used to be lagless a while ago.

The lag made the game unplayable with 4 fps or something around that.

It might be the new Windows update, but I don't know what exactly could've changed.

If you need my PC specs, just ask me Computer lags out when changing resolution in game :)

-

BartBoschy, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer lags out when changing resolution in game - Similar Threads - Computer lags changing

2. Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.: I noticed my reg, games I play on face book their resolution change, my screen is reg then when I click on the game to play it's the size of a small notebook, I do all the updates check drivers' updates, did as others quoted to do, so I am at a loss here, everything did work...
  3. Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.: I noticed my reg, games I play on face book their resolution change, my screen is reg then when I click on the game to play it's the size of a small notebook, I do all the updates check drivers' updates, did as others quoted to do, so I am at a loss here, everything did work...
  4. Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games: Ok heres how this started so I got a new room built and I moved my PC there, every time I play a game in full screen it changes its resolution. Also my resolutions recommended used to be and the actual resolution is 1360 x 768 and it changed to 1024 x 768 so I think thats the...
  5. Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games: Ok heres how this started so I got a new room built and I moved my PC there, every time I play a game in full screen it changes its resolution. Also my resolutions recommended used to be and the actual resolution is 1360 x 768 and it changed to 1024 x 768 so I think thats the...
  6. Changing resolution in PC games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing resolution in PC games: Hello I have a problem with opening Games with resolution that is not set on my PC previously. For example if my current resolution is 1366x768 and game is on 1280x720 my game will minimize after I start it. Can somebody help me? It's on Windows 10 Thank you in advance...
  7. Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...: I play CS:GO on 1440x1080 so when i alt-tab, windows becomes 1440x1080. Unless I close the game, it stays like that. this happens with other games as well. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/Hassman620 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game: Sometimes when I play a game, the computer starts lagging, and I hear a beeping sound over the speakers, like a "boop-boop-boop" kind of sound. This happens until I restart, and won't happen again for a while, until a few weeks later, and I'll have to restart again. How do I...
  9. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  10. Game continues to change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game continues to change resolution: I have a game on my PC called Hollow Knight. Whenever I launch it, my screen resolution changes from 1366 x 768 to something closer to 800 x 600 or so. This is annoying. Is there a way to lock my screen into a certain resolution? I have already tried using specific Steam...