Windows 10: Computer language completely changed windows pc

Discus and support Computer language completely changed windows pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I was just playing a steam game, and something happened. All the keys stopped working, the mouse button wouldn’t left click or right click.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eilohh, Aug 26, 2020.

1. /u/Eilohh Win User

Computer language completely changed windows pc

Recently I was just playing a steam game, and something happened. All the keys stopped working, the mouse button wouldn’t left click or right click. Instead, the only key that works is the shift key which opens up a language bar. Other then that, if I left click it just constantly opens a new google window or downloads whatever I click on. I can’t right click or type anything at all - the letter keys don’t work at all. I’ve been googling for over an hour now and nothing has work. Are my computer mouse and keyboard settings just effed up for good?

submitted by /u/Eilohh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eilohh, Aug 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows language not completely changed

Language packs are getting better,in Windows 10 they are if you ask me, using several language packs, they are as close to perfect as possible.

That being said, deep down some elements remain in original language. A good example in addition to those details you mentioned is Local Users and Groups manager (lusrmgr.msc); in screenshot you can see that although I have changed original German to English with a language pack, all user groups are still in German:

Computer language completely changed windows pc [​IMG]

This means that if I for instance would like to add a user to Remote Desktop Users, I would need to use group's German name Remotedesktopbenutzer instead.

To completely change system and display language on an existing installation keeping your user account, personal files and installed applications, you need to force Windows to run the setup (OOBE) again. To do this, open Run dialog and type %windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe to open Sysprep:

Accept defaults, click OK to start Sysprep:

Sysprep will restart your PC, going through setup once again. After restart you will be asked which language you want to use to setup Windows, listing the original language (German in this case), and all installed languages (language packs, UK English in this example case). Select your preferred language:

Set region and language preferences, click Next:

Skip the product key, it will not be needed. An activated Windows will remain activated when sysprepped:

You need to set up a temporary account, I in these cases set up a local account called Dummy:

You can't use any existing user name; as I had a local user before Sysprep, setup will not accept it:

That's it. When on desktop, sign out from temporary Dummy account, sign in to your original account and remove Dummy account.

Looking the Local Users and Groups manager now you will see that even those group names have been changed to English:

The two Start tile section headers are still in original language, change or remove them, as will be a few live tiles of native Windows apps. They will change to English when you start using them, or you can remove these tiles if they are not needed.

Everything else is now in English. Don't forget to backup Windows before starting!

4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 language not changing completely

Hi Ardit,

To change the language of your PC, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+i to open the Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Under Languages, click Add a language.
    • Choose the language you want to add.
    • Select the new language, then click Set as default.

Note: Click Options to download the language packs if necessary.

To change the language of welcome screen and New User Account, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+X, then select Control Panel.
    • Click Language. Note: View by should be
      Small icon
    • Click Advance settings in the left pane.
    • Under Override for Windows display language, click Apply language settings to the Welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts.
    • On the Administrative tab, under Welcome screen and new user accounts, click the
      Copy settings button.
    • Check Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts.
    • Click OK.
    • Click OK again.
    • Reboot your computer.

Note: You should see the new default language globally set through the operating system.

Keep us posted.

Riel Alc, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer language completely changed windows pc - Similar Threads - Computer language completely

2. Windows 10 language still not changing completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 language still not changing completely: I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently and It appears that some things are named in English, while others are in RussianI've been trying many methods to change the OS to fully English displayed, but still the language is not changing completelyPictures from my...
  3. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  4. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  5. Windows 10 Change Language Completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Change Language Completely: I got a computer with windows 10 installed in Portuguese pt-BR.I would like to change the language to from Portuguese pt-BR to English en-US.I have already changed the Language Settings:In any case I still got Portuguese in several windows popups And I still got Portuguese...
  6. Windows 10 language not changing completely

Windows 10 language not changing completely: Hi everyone! My default language is Turkish and i changed the language to English. BUT these are still same :[ATTACH][ATTACH] There are more and more : Pls help me...
  7. Windows 10 not completely changing language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not completely changing language: I download the English language pack on Settings > Time & Language > Language and set it as a preferred. I also changed the Windows display language. On administrative language settings, I copied all the settings to Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts,...
  8. Windows 10 language not changing completely

Windows 10 language not changing completely: Hello, My Windows 10 had to be reinstalled because of a Hardware issue, and the person who came with the DVD, installed a Norwegian version of windows Default language: Norsk. After I received the Laptop, I started to change the language to English, but after a few hours...
  9. Windows Display Language Not Completely Changing

Windows Display Language Not Completely Changing: As you can see in the image (below), my Windows display language has only "half-changed". My system locale is also set to Korean. I have rebooted several times. Latest stable update Windows 10 Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [ATTACH] Here you can see that only...
  10. Windows language not completely changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows language not completely changed: Hi Forum, I have installed my new computer win 10 in Switzerland. The installation was all in German (which I can not speak). After installation I have change the language into English. I have also changed the user account and welcome screen (setting - Region-...