Windows 10: Computer launching things on its own

Discus and support Computer launching things on its own in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Falkon303, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Falkon303 Win User

Computer launching things on its own

So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set to autorun. I've seen it do this before also. Is it someone who has hacked me maybe? I am not sure what might be causing it.

:)

Falkon303, Apr 26, 2021
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

is this a bad thing

Hi Richard,

This can be caused by several reasons. One of these reasons could be related to the devices connected to your computer. For us to diagnose what is causing this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
      Recently installed any software or updates?
    • What were you doing before getting the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter.
    This is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Cannot launch FIFA 15

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're experiencing the issue. Kindly answer these questions for us to better assist you on your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you attempt to launch the game?
    • Can you still launch other programs?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer launching things on its own - Similar Threads - Computer launching things

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  5. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  6. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  8. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  9. Computer does things on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does things on its own: Hello, when I try to login to windows, the computer keys in its own keys, or it won't always let me punch in the numbers required to login. Once I do finally log in, it is like I am continually hitting the tab key as the icons on my task bar get highlighted quickly and...
  10. Things opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...