Windows 10: Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in

Discus and support Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned on my computer tonight and instead of my usual lock screen, the screen had a Microsoft outlook sign in prompt for a password I use a pin to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by susannyc8993, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in

I turned on my computer tonight and instead of my usual lock screen, the screen had a Microsoft outlook sign in prompt for a password I use a pin to sign in. I tried what I thought was my outlook password but it was rejected. I requested to change my password - exchanged a couple of emails with an account that purports to be from the Microsoft account team. I went ahead and changed my password and this allowed me to log on. After I logged in with the new password there was a brief update type screen and then my regular screen appeared. However, looking back I am concerned that this was perhaps some elaborate phishing scheme. Has anyone else experienced this recently? Should I be concerned about the security of my accounts and computer?

:)

susannyc8993, Feb 10, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Feb 10, 2020
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in

Lock Screen Randomly Changes

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to go to the lock screen settings and disable the automatic lock screen change and check if the issue persist.

To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in

1. Computer lock screen was changed and required a new sign in - Similar Threads - Computer lock screen

2. GPO to change computer lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    GPO to change computer lock screen: I followed this two to change desktop lock screen image through GPO some how its not...
  3. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  4. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  5. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  6. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  7. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  8. Computer requires sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer requires sign in?: My computer started asking for a password, although it's set to never. Also it created an account from my administrative account, and just entered a partial email address. How do I remove the requirement for a password, (it's still set to never), and how do I delete the ghost...
  9. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...
  10. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...