Windows 10: Computer Lock Screen

Discus and support Computer Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, So I’ve had this problem with my Windows 10 PC where I log into my account, it bring me to the tab I was previously on, but then brings me back... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Julia1207, May 14, 2019.

1. Julia1207 Win User

Computer Lock Screen

Hello,

So I’ve had this problem with my Windows 10 PC where I log into my account, it bring me to the tab I was previously on, but then brings me back to my lock screen after a second. I’ve restarted it multiple times, but nothing I have tried works. Does anyone know how to solve this?

:)

Julia1207, May 14, 2019

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 14, 2019
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2019
  4. Computer Lock Screen

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer Lock Screen

1. Computer Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Computer Lock Screen

2. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  3. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  4. GPO to change computer lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    GPO to change computer lock screen: I followed this two to change desktop lock screen image through GPO some how its not...
  5. Computer turning to "lock screen" at night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning to "lock screen" at night: Im downloading a new update for my game at night. Ive disabled everything that could possibly take my computer to sleep mode. But its weird, it doesnt go to sleep mode at day time. but at night it goes to the lock screen/start screen and ruins my download. It doesnt turn off...
  6. Computer's Screen goes black then locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer's Screen goes black then locks: After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix this and this is what settings I have set right now: Power Plan Options: Turn off the display: Never Put the computer to...
  7. Computer going to “locking” screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer going to “locking” screen: Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found...
  8. Locking Screen and Computer Windows blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locking Screen and Computer Windows blue screen: Hello. I'm looking for feedback on an issue with my laptop. This is my first laptop so I really have no idea on bluescreen and computer hangs and am panicking right now! So I bought a used Asus laptop which still has official warranty and I checked the hardware to the Asus...
  9. On Screen notification Computer Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On Screen notification Computer Locked: Yesterday, I think I was scammed into buying a service for my computer by Customer Centric Constultant Ltd. I got a message on my computer screen that I was locked and it happened 2 times so I called the number on the screen 855-283-9565 and I gave the person who answered...
  10. Locked Computer Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer Screen: I have realised that I have been scammed, thought I was talking to Microsoft about my computer being locked. Now that they have my information could you kindly advise what I can do to protect my computer from any further violations from these people. I feel pretty stupid...