Windows 10: Computer locked message

Discus and support Computer locked message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Feevee, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Feevee Win User

Computer locked message

Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa

:)

Feevee, Mar 31, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Computer locked message

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Computer locked message

1. Computer locked message - Similar Threads - Computer locked message

2. I received error message that my computer is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received error message that my computer is locked: I received an error message from windows security defender center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-error-message-that-my-computer-is/e3b8bbf1-c4d2-4836-b9c0-bbe525ec69dd
  3. I received error message that my computer is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received error message that my computer is locked: I received an error message from windows security defender center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-error-message-that-my-computer-is/e3b8bbf1-c4d2-4836-b9c0-bbe525ec69dd
  4. Computer locked message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  5. Computer locked message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  6. Message on computer states it has been locked up by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Message on computer states it has been locked up by Microsoft: My laptop has a message on the screen stating it has been locked up by Microsoft and not to turn off phone number listed as Microsoft support 888.686.8239Is this a legitimate message....
  7. does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer: does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-microsoft-send-security-lock-messages-that/c52db263-e56d-469c-990c-74dc48af7326
  8. Loud alarm and message that computer is locked for security - call this number ...

Loud alarm and message that computer is locked for security - call this number ...: I call the number which is to a company called Global Mind IT Services claiming to be working for Microsoft. They want to clean my computers and network and provide long term protection for what seems a very large fee. A very pushy sales talk. Is this legit?...
  9. Computer lock message from Microsoft chatbot

Computer lock message from Microsoft chatbot: Anyone getting this today?? I can't figure out which Microsoft Support # to call about this - please help! "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity...
  10. Message on lock screen

Message on lock screen: Hello. I recently went to open my laptop up and found a strange message on my lock screen. In a green square was a message which read something like 'see what's going on irl' and also had a circle with a 1 in it, next to which it said something about Mail. I run regular...