Windows 10: Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

Discus and support Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charlie herbert, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11

:)

Charlie herbert, Sep 27, 2022

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 27, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

I was attempting to fix another problem by rolling back to an earlier image by using system restore. After 24 hours I figured the machine was locked up, so I powered it off.

• I have been trying to power it back up using the Function F8 (Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop). I see the Lenovo splash screen with a circular pattern of white dots. The computer finally goes to a black screen.
    • I have attempted to connect the computer via HDMI cable to my TV per some other suggestions.
    Any other suggestions?

DawnCrosier, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

1. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts. - Similar Threads - Computer locked hours

2. Ridiculous lock out method. Locked out after one wrong attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ridiculous lock out method. Locked out after one wrong attempt: this has happened multiple times where i make one wrong attempt and im locked out of my computer. what is even more ridiculous is the fact that in order to try again, i need to keep my computer on for 2 hours which means i must move my mousepad every five minutes to stop my...
  3. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  4. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  5. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

6. Windows locked for 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  7. Windows locked for 2 hours

Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  8. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.: The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11...
  9. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password: My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log...
  10. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password: My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log...