Windows 10: Computer locked up. lost files on CD

Discus and support Computer locked up. lost files on CD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Im hoping someone can help me. I was working on genealogy pictures that were on a CD - 100s of irreplaceable vintage pictures. my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LisaWarney, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Computer locked up. lost files on CD

Hello. Im hoping someone can help me. I was working on genealogy pictures that were on a CD - 100s of irreplaceable vintage pictures. my computer completely locked up, had to restart. now the when I go to the file manager, and click on the CD, it says the cd is empty!. I tried putting it on another computer, it also says the cd is empty. how to do recover them?

:)

LisaWarney, Jul 24, 2020

2. Computer locked up. lost files on CD

Hello. Im hoping someone can help me. I was working on genealogy pictures that were on a CD - 100s of irreplaceable vintage pictures. my computer completely locked up, had to restart. now the when
    I go to the file manager, and click on the CD, it says the cd is empty!. I tried putting it on another computer, it also says the cd is empty. how to do recover them?

LisaWarney, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Gilletter Win User
    DVD Burner started locking up recently

ok I cleaned it and it's not locking the computer up now, but it still doesn't recognize when theres a cd/ dvd in the drive... any next step to rectify that problem? lol...

Gilletter, Jul 26, 2020
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Computer locked up. lost files on CD

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer locked up. lost files on CD

1. Computer locked up. lost files on CD - Similar Threads - Computer locked lost

2. computer locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer locked up: Contact Windows Support: +1-877-891-8898 Security Helpline is this MS message valid??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/15934724-5c99-4d33-a4b2-a61cf507cfb6
  3. computer locked up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer locked up: Contact Windows Support: +1-877-891-8898 Security Helpline is this MS message valid??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/15934724-5c99-4d33-a4b2-a61cf507cfb6
  4. Locked up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked up computer: Last night when I logged in my computer was filled with warnings bells and whistles . A voice was saying don't touch nothing but phone 1-844-205-7522 they even put the number on my task bar . I phoned and long story short I need to know if I did the right thing BEFORE I have...
  5. computer lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer lock up: my computer keeps locking up and going back to logon screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-lock-up/51b99226-0ea5-42a6-9ee9-d750175c1a5f
  6. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: While doing some research, I, apparently, clicked on a bad site. It has locked up my computer and I, now, cannot get it to go away? I need to know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/071eef74-ad83-45e5-9db9-1d4a1eb4e917"
  7. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3
  8. Computer lock up

Computer lock up: My computer locks up, in any program including Windows 10 help page, sometimes for only 10 seconds sometimes for over 30 minutes, can anyone suggest why and how to fix the problem?...
  9. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...
  10. Computer locks up

Computer locks up: I am using windows 10 with the most recent update. My Computer is a HP PC. The error I am getting is a lockup displaying the following message www.windows.com/stopcode stop kernel mode trap Ntfs.sys How can I fix this problem? I can turn the computer and reboot and it...