Windows 10: computer locked up

Discus and support computer locked up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While doing some research, I, apparently, clicked on a bad site. It has locked up my computer and I, now, cannot get it to go away? I need to know what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by billcissell1, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

1. computer locked up

While doing some research, I, apparently, clicked on a bad site. It has locked up my computer and I, now, cannot get it to go away? I need to know what to do.

:)

billcissell1, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM
  4. computer locked up

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM
Thema:

computer locked up

1. computer locked up - Similar Threads - computer locked

2. File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer: Using Picasa 3., and Facebook, on windows 10. When I attempt to attach a photo for upload to websites I get the File Picker U/I is not responding error pop-up, and the Open is not responding pop-up. This occurs in EDGE, and in Chrome browsers. It occurs most frequently on...
  3. My computer locked up. Says it’s from you and to call you at 855 ) 416-4284

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer locked up. Says it’s from you and to call you at 855 ) 416-4284: My computer locked up Says its windows security Wants me to call 855)416-4284. Which i didnt do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-locked-up-says-its-from-you-and-to/54c64155-eb6f-47ae-9a4d-f9bc4d630172
  4. Locked out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my computer: I'm locked out of my computer. I haven't changed the pw, in fact I tried to remove the requirement for a pw entirely and I thought I had done that. Could the requirement have been reactivated with an update? Anyway, I have tried my old password, logged into MS and changed...
  5. "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

"Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.: Hello, I have computers that are apart of a domain. Some of the computers on the domain are not displaying "Other User" when the auto lock enables or if the user locks the computer with WIN+L. Would someone be able to tell me what group policy it is that controls whether...
  6. Locked Computer displays secure data

Locked Computer displays secure data: I've worded this specifically because what can occur is exactly this. If I have a screen open on my computer when I lock it, initially the screen locks normally. However, if I'm gone for a while and return, when I move my mouse pointer to wake it from screen saver mode, it...
  7. I want Microsoft to stop accessing my computer and I want to turn off the lock screen, I...

I want Microsoft to stop accessing my computer and I want to turn off the lock screen, I...: I didn't buy a new computer because I wanted to be forced to allow the Microsoft Corporation access to my computer anytime they want to violate my privacy. I also don't like being forced to have an active lock screen. The old CTRL-ALT-DEL worked just fine. Maybe I don't WANT...
  8. After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.: The issue is interment, affects only our laptops. When the user locks and then tries to unlock, the screen is black with only a mouse pointer alt+tab indicates logonui is running but it is not visible Ctl alt + del has no effect Holding Win key + Ctrl + Shift then...
  9. Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works: Computer updated and now it says PIN doesn't work because of security. The problem is I input my email wrong when I bought the computer (I jumbled it with my work email. I didn't think much of it- set a pin and it always worked. Now I can't even get IN to my computer. The...
  10. Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer: So recently I have been having a glitch on the lock screen where whenever I try to move onto the login screen, pressing any key, dragging it down, it just flicks back up. I am unable to log in or anything. I have contact Microsoft support but their answer was to basically...