Windows 10: Computer locked

Discus and support Computer locked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a blocked message on my system it will not let me in I called number it said it is from Microsoft when I called they said you do not take care... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by janiceou, Feb 5, 2019.

1. janiceou Win User

Computer locked

I have a blocked message on my system it will not let me in

I called number it said it is from Microsoft when I called they said you do not take care of virus

they do I have been scammed by this before can you please help me

:)

janiceou, Feb 5, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Computer locked

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer locked

1. Computer locked - Similar Threads - Computer locked

2. Windows 10 Pushes Ad to "Lock" Me Out of My Own Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pushes Ad to "Lock" Me Out of My Own Computer: This morning when I turned my computer on, Windows 10 pushed a full-screen Microsoft Ad in my face before it would let me log in, complete with the typical sneaky buttons, etc to trick uses into taking the path they want. First, it tried to set Edge as the default browser....
  3. Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen: My new build is consistently shutting down after the computer locks. I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1. I suspect that the computer is shutting down when the PC attempts to sleep or hibernate, however, it appears to do this before the PC should be entering sleep mode...
  4. After installing officesetup.exe and logging in computer locks after 1 minute: Windows Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After installing officesetup.exe and logging in computer locks after 1 minute: Windows Home: After installing officesetup.exe and logging in computer locks after 1 minute. I also logged into my school's Office 360 login. Previously, I have had the computer set to turn off the screen never. I specifically changed the screen saver and the power settings so that the...
  5. Lock computer

Lock computer: I started the process of setting up a new think pad laptop. I got to the step to use the Microsoft app authenticator. My cowork who has the app on his off was off site. While waiting for him, the computer went to the lock screen. It has his name on the user name, but we never...
  6. How do unlocking a computer after scammer has locked it?

How do unlocking a computer after scammer has locked it?: How do unlocking a laptop after scammer has locked it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-unlocking-a-computer-after-scammer-has/cbfc2326-6f7f-40c7-80b6-b06844d55a22
  7. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer: I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first."I...
  8. All programs closing when I lock my computer

All programs closing when I lock my computer: Hi all,This appear to be an intermittent issue that has started happening the last few days. Sometimes when I lock my computer and return 5-10 minutes later all of the programs I had open including Edge have been shut down. I've not changed any settings etc, I'm plugged into...
  9. can't get access to computer because I am locked out of msft account after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't get access to computer because I am locked out of msft account after last update: Hi I was locked out of my account after my last windows update. I tried the recovery options suggested my MS Support but am unable to answer enough questions to gain access because I never used that email account to send email I used my old personal email account through...
  10. My computer locked me out?

My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...