Windows 10: Computer Locking itself Automatically

Discus and support Computer Locking itself Automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by prince guru, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Computer Locking itself Automatically

HP EliteBook 745 G6

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928

keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff.

:)

prince guru, Apr 19, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Computer Locking itself Automatically Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Computer Locking itself Automatically autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Apr 19, 2021
  3. dccool879 Win User
    Computer lock ups...

weird, i did what you said, and instead of locking up w/ the screen frozen and the sound clicking, it now would go black, or go black and reboot automatically. i found out a place that always makes my computer freeze, and that is refreshing the server list in battlefield 2

dccool879, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Computer Locking itself Automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Computer Locking itself Automatically

1. Computer Locking itself Automatically - Similar Threads - Computer Locking itself

2. Why my computer is locking automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer is locking automatically: Hello everyone,I have a problem with my computer. It is locking when I unplug it from the socket even if the battery is full charged. It happens the 3 times I unplug it and it begins yesterday.When I press the power button on battery mode, it try to turn on but never more...
  3. Windows 10 locked computer by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 locked computer by itself: My HP Envy x360 locked up by itself while launching a game, i know the game wasn't a virus because it was Minecraft: Java edition but may be something else, please let me know if this is a virus or a windows error, Thank you!...
  4. Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.: Why does my computer locked automatically after starting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faced-problem-with-locked-automatically-my/51f9904a-0619-4149-aae3-3d48fc2efd8d
  5. Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming: I am having a strange issue - my computer randomly goes to lock screen. I have automatic lock screen turned off It happens both when gaming (which is really annoying playing online) and when just using normally. It often happens a few times in a row (after I log back in each...
  6. Computer keeps locking automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself: Hello there, Until a few hours ago I had no issues, and then left my pc locked for about 2 hours to go get a sandwich or something and returned to find this new issue. This issue has never occurred any time on this 4 year old computer so I have ruled out any hardware issues....
  8. Computer keeps locking automatically

Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this? ***Modified title from: my computer (dell, windows 10) keeps locking up, how do I fix it?***...
  9. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  10. Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10 How to Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10 When you shut down[/b]. The Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit security policy setting allows you to specify an amount in seconds of inactivity to wait before...