Windows 10: Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

Discus and support Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening, I have recently been battling with my computer locking up, it will not blue screen or give me an error code. It just freezes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michaelsgeb, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

Good Evening,

I have recently been battling with my computer locking up, it will not blue screen or give me an error code. It just freezes and restarts. It does it while I'm streaming, editing videos, heck I even tried just leaving the computer on with it on idle and it locks up. It does it about every hour or so of operation, possibly shorter, possibly longer. This is the critical event from the most recent freeze.

At this point I would appreciate any help I can get. I have updated all drivers, I even did a fresh install of windows last night to see if that helped and I am getting the same issue.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 9/27/2019 7:24:13 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-Michael

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-28T00:24:13.477411300Z" />

<EventRecordID>1691</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-Michael</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">126</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffffffc0000005</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff800227cb1c0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffff8e8256eae4b8</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xffff8e8256eadd00</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Michaelsgeb, Sep 27, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

1. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do. - Similar Threads - Computer Locking Sure

2. I tried to restart my computer and it ended up breaking and I’m not sure what to do.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I tried to restart my computer and it ended up breaking and I’m not sure what to do.: Completely reset my computer and it’s not working. I have tried the cloud I have tried the local reinstalling and everything I do to reset my computer to factory is not working and I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. I have been fighting with my computer to get it to start...
  3. I tried to restart my computer and it ended up breaking and I’m not sure what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to restart my computer and it ended up breaking and I’m not sure what to do.: Completely reset my computer and it’s not working. I have tried the cloud I have tried the local reinstalling and everything I do to reset my computer to factory is not working and I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. I have been fighting with my computer to get it to start...
  4. I tried to restart my computer and it ended up breaking and I’m not sure what to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure what to do: So mcafee was saying my computer was at risk last night and I didn’t think much of it because I thought it was just trying to get me to buy it but today my computer is working WAY slowing then usual so I don’t really know what to do. Can somebody please tell me what’s going...
  6. This just popped up on my screen, not sure what to do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This just popped up on my screen, not sure what to do.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thecriticalthinker1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ugx7/this_just_popped_up_on_my_screen_not_sure_what_to/
  7. Are there any answers as what to do about updates locking up computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there any answers as what to do about updates locking up computers: Are there any answers as what to do since the new updates have locked up my computer? It wont let me log on or do anything in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-answers-as-what-to-do-about-updates/a05da255-ccd2-47ee-aa08-fb649c62aee3
  8. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I am running windows 10 pro 32 bit on an older Dell Inspiron1545 the version num. is 1809. I was wondering if I could run virtualization on this computer. I was told to download vmware. I have checked there is no virtualization in the Bios, I also checked the cpu and it...
  9. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I have an older Dell Inspiron 1545, I bought it used. I downloaded workstation Player, but do not know what to do after I install vmware Workstation player. Will vmware work on my system, I am running Windows 10 pro 32bit on my laptop. I can't go any further until my first...
  10. not sure what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not sure what this is?: versionCode:3068 versionName:1.7.0 sharedUserLabel:0 device id:F22FA39196261E59ACAB77F109943367470539AE22B3598FA419E1045161D907 packageName:com.audible.application sharedUserId:null RELEASE:4.4.4 SDK:19 BOARD: MSM8926 BRAND:Verizon DEVICE:matisseltevzw...