Windows 10: computer locking up

Discus and support computer locking up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dan01, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dan01 Win User

computer locking up

I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev centre. The computer is unable to open unzip the file. When I click on down loads with file explorer the system freezes while a small circle goes around. No other downloads seem to occur. I frequently get a warning that windows defender is out of date but when I try to download updates the system fails

How do I remove the downloaded sample - I am assuming that is the problem?

Thanks.

:)

dan01, Aug 8, 2015

2. Computer Locking up

It looks like Nvidia Drivers by default set the Microsoft power saving options so the PCIe wont go above a max power usage and that was what was causing the Crashing. Graphics card would pull more then the system would want it to causing everything to
    crash. Haven't had a issue since. Just thought I would let the solution be known for anyone else who may run into the problem.

Kevinparadysz, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Computer Locking up

Shortly after attempting this fix it has happened once again. I was in the game for 20 mins maybe the when i changed area the music cut and my computer locked up. Something else I noticed, I attempted to just shutdown the computer rather then Hard Restart
    it. Then screen would show shutting down like normal and go black as if it had shut down correctly but the physical computer would still be running, lights on and no powering down.

Kevinparadysz, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

computer locking up

1. computer locking up - Similar Threads - computer locking

2. I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up: I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up, ask me to call microsoft support at 65 68649624 but the guy talk in very deep indian accent and i don't understand at all so ask him to send me all the step that I need to do. but he keep telling me, no worry,...
  3. I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up: I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up, ask me to call microsoft support at 65 68649624 but the guy talk in very deep indian accent and i don't understand at all so ask him to send me all the step that I need to do. but he keep telling me, no worry,...
  4. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  5. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  6. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  7. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  8. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

9. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

10. I got locked out of my computer

I got locked out of my computer: I’m trying to get onto my computer for work and I forgot my PIN because I made a new one. There is no ‘reset my pin’ on my screen and I don’t know my password. I’ve tried my microsoft password but it’s not working. Please help....