Windows 10: computer locking up

Discus and support computer locking up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dan01, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dan01 Win User

computer locking up

I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev centre. The computer is unable to open unzip the file. When I click on down loads with file explorer the system freezes while a small circle goes around. No other downloads seem to occur. I frequently get a warning that windows defender is out of date but when I try to download updates the system fails

How do I remove the downloaded sample - I am assuming that is the problem?

Thanks.

:)

dan01, Aug 8, 2015

2. Computer Locking up

It looks like Nvidia Drivers by default set the Microsoft power saving options so the PCIe wont go above a max power usage and that was what was causing the Crashing. Graphics card would pull more then the system would want it to causing everything to
    crash. Haven't had a issue since. Just thought I would let the solution be known for anyone else who may run into the problem.

Kevinparadysz, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Computer Locking up

Shortly after attempting this fix it has happened once again. I was in the game for 20 mins maybe the when i changed area the music cut and my computer locked up. Something else I noticed, I attempted to just shutdown the computer rather then Hard Restart
    it. Then screen would show shutting down like normal and go black as if it had shut down correctly but the physical computer would still be running, lights on and no powering down.

Kevinparadysz, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

computer locking up

1. computer locking up - Similar Threads - computer locking

2. After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.: The issue is interment, affects only our laptops. When the user locks and then tries to unlock, the screen is black with only a mouse pointer alt+tab indicates logonui is running but it is not visible Ctl alt + del has no effect Holding Win key + Ctrl + Shift then...
  3. Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works: Computer updated and now it says PIN doesn't work because of security. The problem is I input my email wrong when I bought the computer (I jumbled it with my work email. I didn't think much of it- set a pin and it always worked. Now I can't even get IN to my computer. The...
  4. Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer: So recently I have been having a glitch on the lock screen where whenever I try to move onto the login screen, pressing any key, dragging it down, it just flicks back up. I am unable to log in or anything. I have contact Microsoft support but their answer was to basically...
  5. After win 10 update, locked out of computer

After win 10 update, locked out of computer: after win 10 update, the computer wont accept my password. I tried restart in safe mode, but wont accept password again. Tried multiple resets, no luck. Tried to undo win update, reset to earlier date, remove update, but all require a password to continue. What next....i am...
  6. Locked out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...
  7. Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen

Computer keeps restarting never gets to lock screen: So yesterday i decided i try a different drive for my amd video card. I went to the amd site got the driver downloaded and then was promted with a meessage asking to restart the computer. I click yes and when the computer boots up again i have a blue screen asking for which...
  8. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.: Good Evening, I have recently been battling with my computer locking up, it will not blue screen or give me an error code. It just freezes and restarts. It does it while I'm streaming, editing videos, heck I even tried just leaving the computer on with it on idle and it...
  9. Locked oy of my own computer.

Locked oy of my own computer.: I have just un-installed the updated version of Windows 10 as it was giving me issues, so decided to revert back to the original version. Now, I cannot even log in to my own computer. When I go to sign in, I get the message "you can't sign in to your device right now, go to...
  10. Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

Computer gets locked for no reason without warning: I got a dell inspiron 1525 second hand about a year ago. Since then, when in a WiFi area i tried to keep updating my windows pro with no success (took too long using public WiFi ha ha). Now i have my own WiFi and after a week or so i found out that windows 10 version 18**...