Windows 10: Computer lockout

Discus and support Computer lockout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I'm on my computer an icon pops up that says how to get help in windows. Keeps opening icons all the way across the screen constantly without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WillieHarris2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Computer lockout

When I'm on my computer an icon pops up that says how to get help in windows. Keeps opening icons all the way across the screen constantly without stopping and locks,my computer out. I can't even get back on it now. Can somebody explain this to me or tell me what needs to be done.

:)

WillieHarris2, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Complete lockout from my laptop.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to perform a automatic repair and check if you are able to login. Follow the below steps to perform a automatic repair.

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.

b. Select language and click on Next.

c. Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

d. Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

e. Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.
    Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Aleksey Win User
    Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

Aleksey, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer lockout

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Computer lockout

1. Computer lockout - Similar Threads - Computer lockout

2. Minecraft on a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft on a new computer: If I get a new computer/laptop do I have to rebuy minecraft on that device so that I can play on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-on-a-new-computer/1abbc9bc-a4cc-40ad-af11-b5466d07ca09
  3. Minecraft on a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft on a new computer: If I get a new computer/laptop do I have to rebuy minecraft on that device so that I can play on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-on-a-new-computer/1abbc9bc-a4cc-40ad-af11-b5466d07ca09
  4. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  5. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  6. ADMINISTRATOR LOCKOUT OF HOME COMPUTER Accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADMINISTRATOR LOCKOUT OF HOME COMPUTER Accidentally: Accidently activated ADMINISTRATOR while trying to change computer name.Found the following on this problem in MS CommunityHold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the SCREENContinue to hold down the shift key while clicking the on screen...
  7. ADMINISTRATOR LOCKOUT OF HOME COMPUTER Accidentally

ADMINISTRATOR LOCKOUT OF HOME COMPUTER Accidentally: Accidently activated ADMINISTRATOR while trying to change computer name.Found the following on this problem in MS CommunityHold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the SCREENContinue to hold down the shift key while clicking the on screen...
  8. ADMINISTRATOR LOCKOUT OF HOME COMPUTER Accidentally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Getting lockout information about _Guest account from deleted AD computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting lockout information about _Guest account from deleted AD computer: We have Windows 10 computer PR101 which was removed from 2012 R2 AD. I can check this computer present in Active Directory Admin Center under Deleted Objects.We are using Logz.io and Logz.io is sending us _Guest account lockout information about this computer.Any idea from...
  10. Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues: Hello, So as far as I can tell operating two game pass enabled accounts on a single computer has a "user based install lock". Is there a work around/is this intentional (if so why)? What this means in practice is that if User A installs game A on (C:) drive User B is now...