Windows 10: Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

Discus and support Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have a few windows 10 computers that just lock after 2 minutes even while using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rodney Hermanofski, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

Hi Everyone, I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have a few windows 10 computers that just lock after 2 minutes even while using the computer.. Its not every computer on my domain just a few sporadic ones. I have a 2- 2016 domain controllers. I went through every setting and see anything that would because this problem. The only fix so far that has seamed to work is deleting the users profile off the computer.Any guidance would be appreciated..

:)

Rodney Hermanofski, Dec 5, 2019

2. Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

Hi Everyone, I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have a few windows 10 computers that just lock after 2 minutes even while using the computer.. Its not every computer on my domain just a few sporadic ones. I have a 2- 2016 domain controllers.
    I went through every setting and see anything that would because this problem. The only fix so far that has seamed to work is deleting the users profile off the computer.Any guidance would be appreciated..

Rodney Hermanofski, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active

1. Computer locks after 2 minutes -even while active - Similar Threads - Computer locks minutes

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  5. computer shuts off after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts off after 2 minutes: My computer goes off after 2 minutes , every thing is set to never. Talked with windows and microsoft and they said it needed a new driver and they were helping me to find the new driver but it wasn't were they directed and me while I was looking for the driver the computer...
  6. Computer restarts after several minutes of non activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts after several minutes of non activity: Critical 6/13/2020 1:08:52 PM Kernel-Power 41 63 Having a very difficult time in trying to correct this issue. I can use the computer for hours but when I walk away for a few minutes it will restart even if I am running a video, Its like the computer need constant activity...
  7. Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  8. time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes: when I stop typing even for 2 minutes...my computer goes to sleep....I have to re-log in everytime. It is a pain, Help. I have adjusted all settings to never....
  9. Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?: Hello, Before I installed 10586, I had my computer auto lock Windows 10 10240 after a couple minutes without having the screensaver turn on, so it went to my custom lock screen wallpaper. I can't figure out how to make it happen again in Windows 10586. And also when I...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...