Windows 10: Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951

Discus and support Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After automatic installation of Kb4549951 my computer keeps locking up and i have problems getting microsoft edge to load, i uninstalled the kb5459951... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nealfoster, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951

After automatic installation of Kb4549951 my computer keeps locking up and i have problems getting microsoft edge to load, i uninstalled the kb5459951 and my computer worked normal. I opened up my computer the next day and it had reinstalled kb4549951 again all the same problems locking up and unable to load edge. ran a full scan to check for virus and none found.

Each time my computer locked up it sent diagnostics to microsoft, I again allowed Kb4549951 to install and yet again computer problems locking up and unable to load microsoft edge. I have now uninstalled KB4549951 and paused further updates, my computer now runs great again.

Has anyone else had these problems? Getting fed up with problems caused by the microsoft updates, its time they made sure the updates are exactly that and that they work.

:)

nealfoster, Apr 25, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Apr 25, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 25, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951

1. Computer locks up and wont allow edge to open after installing kb4549951 - Similar Threads - Computer locks wont

2. Edge wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge wont open: Edge not opening at all. Im clicking on the app and will not open. Nothing happen. Other browser does not have issue but this one will not open. I have Windows 11. Im just using this yesterday but now not responding. I tried to restart my PC same thing. No error message not...
  3. Edge wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge wont open: Edge not opening at all. Im clicking on the app and will not open. Nothing happen. Other browser does not have issue but this one will not open. I have Windows 11. Im just using this yesterday but now not responding. I tried to restart my PC same thing. No error message not...
  4. trying to uninstall up date kb4549951

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to uninstall up date kb4549951: went through all the step to uninstall kb4549951 getting error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-uninstall-up-date-kb4549951/9741f04e-46ef-4d30-81cf-a2caa9ef7314
  5. Help KB4549951 Windows Update won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help KB4549951 Windows Update won't install: After downloading and restarting it says it failed to update and will undo changes. Error code: 0x80070003 submitted by /u/nomwas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8garp/help_kb4549951_windows_update_wont_install/
  6. KB4549951 & KB4550945 error installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4549951 & KB4550945 error installing: Hi I've been trying to install these two updates for a while. The two downloads are fine and the install goes (slowly) from 11% to 20% then jumps to 100% (for both updates). Then after a period of time the update is unsuccessful with error code 0x800f0831. I have been...
  7. kb4549951 uninstall

kb4549951 uninstall: kb4549951shows in Windows Updates. It does not show in Uninstall Widows Updates. It does not show in the control panel Programs and features. Date installed is 04/15/20. There is a security update with that installation date. Is it the same thing? Computer keeps locking up...
  8. Trouble booting after update KB4549951

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble booting after update KB4549951: After attempting to install what I believe to be KB4549951, my laptop will no longer boot. The update proceeded normally when shutting down the PC, but when turning it on, the boot screen quickly says "Preparing Automatic Repair", which then becomes "Diagnosing your PC", then...
  9. Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951: Hello Face sign-in stopped working after installing update KB4549951. Message cannot find working camera,. However Camera app still works fine....
  10. Unable to install KB4549951

Unable to install KB4549951: Hello! I have attempted multiple avenues of installing the latest update to Windows 10 but have not had any success. I get the following error code 0x80073712, and reviewing the troubleshooting information including running the Windows Update Troubleshooter and the DISM...
Tags: