Windows 10: computer locks while i'm using it

Discus and support computer locks while i'm using it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by whatsgoingon44, Apr 27, 2020.

1. computer locks while i'm using it

While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!

:)

whatsgoingon44, Apr 27, 2020

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 27, 2020
  4. computer locks while i'm using it

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

computer locks while i'm using it

1. computer locks while i'm using it - Similar Threads - computer locks while

2. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer screen turns off while I'm using it: My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep. It will wake up again if I move the mouse but I have to re-sign in and it gets very annoying and shouldn't happen while I am...
  3. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen turns off while I'm using it: My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep. It will wake up again if I move the mouse but I have to re-sign in and it gets very annoying and shouldn't happen while I am...
  4. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it: I have turned off the screensaver. All my power plan settings are set to Never or a high numbers of minutes. Every advanced setting I could find to make my machine stop locking has been set and it's still locking up after a few minutes. I need it to stop doing that. Entering...
  6. Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it

Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it: I have turned off the screensaver. All my power plan settings are set to Never or a high numbers of minutes. Every advanced setting I could find to make my machine stop locking has been set and it's still locking up after a few minutes. I need it to stop doing that. Entering...
  7. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen locking itself while I'm using it.: Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid...
  8. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

My screen locking itself while I'm using it.: Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid...
  9. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  10. Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system: I have randomly been having a problem with Windows locking my screen, as if due to inactivity, while I'm in the middle of using the computer for various tasks. I might be browsing the web, editing photos, or typing in Word, when all of the sudden, the screen blanks out and...