Windows 10: Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

Discus and support Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charlie herbert, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log in again. I mess up twice and now it has happened again. I do not know what Is wrong and it has never happen editing before. I’m on windows 11

:)

Charlie herbert, Sep 27, 2022

2. Password Attempts

Hello.

I tried logging into my brother’s laptop and had many password failed attempts. The next time he signed in and actually had access to the laptop, it ran significantly slower. Could I be at fault for trying to log into his microsoft account repeatly? Is there
    any correlation between how fast the computer runs and the failed password attempts?

Addie Roth, Sep 27, 2022
  3. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

1. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password - Similar Threads - Computer log failed

2. Too many failed log in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  3. Too many failed log in attempts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  4. I cannot log in after one failed attempt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log in after one failed attempt.: I put in my password wrong one time and now I cannot log in due to repeated failures. I cannot use another log in method, because my fingerprint scanner has also reached maximum failed uses, despite me not using it previously. I cannot reset windows because it keeps erroring...
  5. I cannot log in after one failed attempt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log in after one failed attempt.: I put in my password wrong one time and now I cannot log in due to repeated failures. I cannot use another log in method, because my fingerprint scanner has also reached maximum failed uses, despite me not using it previously. I cannot reset windows because it keeps erroring...
  6. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.: The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11...
  7. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.: The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11...
  8. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password: My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log...
  9. Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In: Windows 10 Home, version 1909 Not computer savvy.. Filled in what I could find under my profile system specs.. Computer keeps taking me back to log in window after one minute of not being active.. So far I have: Clicked on Screen timeout settings and set the time limit...
  10. Disabling the auto delete after failed password attempts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling the auto delete after failed password attempts?: Hi so I am wondering, does windows 10 have the setting where the computer auto-deletes all information after a certain number of failed password attempts? I don't want even remotely a chance to lose everything I have (which also means I should get a backup storage device. Any...