Windows 10: Computer logging off automatically

Discus and support Computer logging off automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm leaving programs on overnight to do performance-heavy tasks, then turning the PC off during the day for downtime. Occasionally when coming back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OrchidLL, Mar 17, 2021.

1. OrchidLL Win User

Computer logging off automatically

I'm leaving programs on overnight to do performance-heavy tasks, then turning the PC off during the day for downtime. Occasionally when coming back to the computer in the morning, I find all my programs closed default programs opening and end up with corrupted and incomplete files where a finished product was supposed to be. I've looked all over for topics involving others' computers logging off overnight and closing all their programs, only to find someone who understandably confuses 'locking' with logging off. I'm at my last resort right now, so any help is appreciated.

:)

OrchidLL, Mar 17, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 17, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Computer logging off automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Necrofire Win User

How can I set up automatic underclocking?

When I leave my computer on overnight, I head to CnQ, change the multi to 4x, then step the vid down .1v until it's at .8. Is there a way to make this process and a reverse process automatic?

If I step the vid down any faster, my computer freezes.

Necrofire, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer logging off automatically - Similar Threads - Computer logging off

2. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  3. Windows automatically logging off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically logging off: Hi. My laptop automatically logs off The screen turns blue and says 'Logging off' every time I am on a conference call AND the laptop is plugged in It doesn't log off when it's not plugged in to the wall socket. And just very recently, it just automatically logs off even if...
  4. windows 10 pc is logging off automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 pc is logging off automatically: windows 10 pc is logging off automatically after aprox 1 min of inactivity.. i checked all the battery settings, sleep and sign out options etc.. are turned off, idk how to fix the problem, any help is appreciated, thx in advance! submitted by /u/magical_cyber [link]...
  5. keep computer from logging off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    keep computer from logging off: computer doesn't stay on long enoug hand I have to keep signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-computer-from-logging-off/a082e500-fdbc-4150-8a67-c00a6cb49699
  6. Cannot log off computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot log off computer: Whenever I attempt to log off, the computer will proceed to close out of any open programs and acts like it is logging off, but then it logs right back on without asking for credentials. I am running Windows 10 on a new computer less than 1 month old. I have never been able...
  7. Automatic Log in

Automatic Log in: In the last few days when I turn on my Windows 10 computer it automatically logs me in. If I put the computer on sleep mode though, the log in screen comes up when I turn the screen on. How do I get my log in screen to come back for when I turn the computer on?...
  8. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  9. Automaticly log in

Automaticly log in: How do I setup my Win 10 to login automatically for every startup? I live alone and no one has access to my laptop. Thanks in advance. Rev. Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automaticly-log-in/95b71023-483e-4c56-b289-e1f00ce52d51
  10. Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity: My system logs off automatically after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. I don't know where to look for to change this option. I am logging in using my hotmail at start up. 35560