Windows 10: Computer login password changed with no permission

Discus and support Computer login password changed with no permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why I have to sign into my computer with windows/Microsoft password. I used to sign into all my electronics with their unique password and starting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by uri weinstein, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Computer login password changed with no permission

Why I have to sign into my computer with windows/Microsoft password. I used to sign into all my electronics with their unique password and starting last week I am required to use Microsoft password at least on this computer. I do not remember that I was notified or consulted about this change and the reasons for it. I do not wish to be traced, followed or listed by nobody

:)

uri weinstein, Oct 29, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 29, 2018
  3. changing computer login screen email address

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.
    After you have logged in with a local account follow the steps to login using a different Microsoft Account.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Computer login password changed with no permission

How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Computer login password changed with no permission

1. Computer login password changed with no permission - Similar Threads - Computer login password

2. I can't change my computer login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my computer login password.: I'm not sure if this came with the recent update, but when I tried changing my computer password, it directed me to change my Microsoft account password. In sign in options, I clicked on password, and it says underneath "Your account password is all set up to sign in to...
  3. Laptop login password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop login password change: Hello, I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not want to change my windows account password, I want to change the key I use to log in to my computer. It is not a local account....
  4. Cannot login or change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login or change password: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a new PC - a laptop - it will eventually replace my Desktop machine. Both run windows 10. At the moment I am still using the desktop PC some of the time. Today, when I try to login to my user account on the desktop, the password is refused....
  5. Password was changed without permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password was changed without permission: So I made a second account on a laptop I used for work, so a friend could borrow my laptop. I tried to log back into my account after setting him up on a local account, and now Win10 doesn't recognize my password at all. I don't know why, and it won't allow me to create a...
  6. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  7. Password for Computer Login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for Computer Login?: I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall windows gives you the option to put a password for your computer when you start it up on windows 7. This is windows 10 so im sure...
  8. Login Permission

Login Permission: Hi, I'm a newbie with Win 10. I have got a new PC with Win 10 Enterprise from my employer. The PC is locked so I cannot install anything even not an update to Acrobat Reader or print driver without a UAC which prompts the administrators login. I do not have an administrator...
  9. Computer login password

Computer login password: Hi guys,has anyone been ask to login to there computer,using there Microsoft account?,..I restarted my comp,after i uninstall a app..It ask for my password''which i never made'' to login,but the password has to be my Microsoft account...I'm just wondering.....Sorry about my...
  10. Can't change computer login password

Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....