Windows 10: Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

Discus and support Computer login problem - will not bring up local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jo Anne59, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Jo Anne59 Win User

Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the password key, another that doesn't that seems to be associated with Windows hello and perhaps a microsoft online accout. Now neither account comes up and I only have this windows Hello **** that will not go away regardless of the various instructions from this help community to stop it. I will never use windows hello. However, entering my password seems to get me in even without the login key symbol.I want to be able to log in with my password a

:)

Jo Anne59, Oct 31, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2022
  4. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

1. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account - Similar Threads - Computer login problem

2. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer: A previous poster same question title, June 4, 2022 - thread now locked, so I couldn't reply to it described the same problem, which seemed to be unresolved. Until a few days ago, when I opened or woke my laptop, I would see the Windows Spotlight Lockscreen with its...
  3. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer: A previous poster same question title, June 4, 2022 - thread now locked, so I couldn't reply to it described the same problem, which seemed to be unresolved. Until a few days ago, when I opened or woke my laptop, I would see the Windows Spotlight Lockscreen with its...
  4. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

Computer login problem - will not bring up local account: My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the password key, another that doesn't that seems to be associated with Windows hello and perhaps a microsoft online accout. Now...
  6. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

Computer login problem - will not bring up local account: My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the password key, another that doesn't that seems to be associated with Windows hello and perhaps a microsoft online accout. Now...
  7. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer: When I wake up my computer, or after doing a restart, I am eventually presented with a pretty picture. The time and date are in the lower left and the power status and network status are in the lower right. In the upper left is a small bit of narrative about the picture. In...
  8. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer: When I wake up my computer, or after doing a restart, I am eventually presented with a pretty picture. The time and date are in the lower left and the power status and network status are in the lower right. In the upper left is a small bit of narrative about the picture. In...
  9. I am forced to bring up Bing to login to my computer

10. Problem converting local account to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem converting local account to Microsoft account login: Just built a new PC, with full Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft website. The only account is an initially local account. After some effort, I was able to associate my Microsoft account with this local account. For example, Microsoft OneDrive shows up, along with my...