Windows 10: Computer Logon password problems

Discus and support Computer Logon password problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Reset password and received email from Microsoft confirming change but when I try to log back onto computer I am told I am using an invalid password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristineRoot1, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Computer Logon password problems

Reset password and received email from Microsoft confirming change but when I try to log back onto computer I am told I am using an invalid password.

:)

ChristineRoot1, Apr 27, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Apr 27, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Computer Logon password problems

Automatic logon does not work on my computer

a) I am unable to remember one of the logons which I setup as an emergency logon (in case I forget the other logon).

-> When logged on under an admin account, you can change the password for any other account. Press the Windows key and type users, then follow the prompts.

b) I am unable to long [log on?] without keying in a password.

You must follow this procedure while the user accounts panel (the one you posted) is active:

• Tick the box that requires users to enter a password.
    • Click the account name under which you wish to log on automatically.
    • Untick the box from Step 1.
    • Click OK.
    • Enter the password for the chosen account.

Frederik Long, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Computer Logon password problems

1. Computer Logon password problems - Similar Threads - Computer Logon password

2. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't disable the logon password ...: My Windows version is 0.0.19042 Build 19042. I had my PC setup so a password or PIN is not required on startup. Then, an update was installed and it now requires a password which I am not able to disable; even though Settings/Accounts/Sign-in-options/Require-sign-in is set to...
  3. Logon problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon problem: My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-problem/ab3bc1c5-389b-4241-9ece-a551d1587ec2
  4. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows changes logon password to computer after update: On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks...
  5. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  6. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  7. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  8. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  9. Logon password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  10. Logon Problem

Logon Problem: Here is my dilemma: I am running Win 10 Home. At first I had on my Lockscreen Windows Spotlight. But it also had a message from Microsoft to join Rewards. Even though I turned off all notifications, it still showed up and as soon as I was logged on, it would take me to MS...