Windows 10: Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In

Discus and support Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, version 1909 Not computer savvy.. Filled in what I could find under my profile system specs.. Computer keeps taking me back to log... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by georgei, Nov 18, 2020.

1. georgei Win User

Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In

Windows 10 Home, version 1909

Not computer savvy.. Filled in what I could find under my profile system specs..

Computer keeps taking me back to log in window after one minute of not being active..

So far I have:

Clicked on Screen timeout settings and set the time limit or select Never from the drop down bar under Screen option.

I Also typed in and ran "netplwiz" and under user accounts unticked the box that says "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer"

No idea what else to do.. Any help greatly appreciated..

:)

georgei, Nov 18, 2020

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Nov 18, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 18, 2020
  4. homarcus Win User

remove password request to log-in to computer

I have been using my computer (with Windows 10) not requiring a password to log in. Suddenly today after turning on my computer, it popped up that a password is needed. I've tried different methods to remove the password request as suggested in the forum
    but didn't work. Please advise how to solve the issue. Thank you.

homarcus, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Logs Out After One Minute Requires Password To Log Back In - Similar Threads - Computer Logs Minute

2. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password: My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log...
  3. Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer log out after 2 failed attempts at password: My problem with my computer has only just occurred. I opened my computer up and typed my password in. I got it wrong. I did it again, also wrong. Suddenly it tells me I have to wait 2 hours before I can try again, So I do that. It works when I try again The next I try to log...
  4. Laptop requires 5-30 minutes to startup after log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop requires 5-30 minutes to startup after log in: My laptop, was working fine untill all of the sudden when I open my laptop and log in, I have to wait 5-30 minutes for a black screen to go off and be able to take control of my normal working laptop, it is quite a big problem. And I would like help....
  5. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  6. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  7. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  8. Log in requires password

Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...