Windows 10: Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started

Discus and support Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello All, This isn't my system but a friend of mines that I'm trying to fix, essentially he built this system about 4 months ago or so and has had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Krugle, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Krugle Win User

Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started

Hello All,

This isn't my system but a friend of mines that I'm trying to fix, essentially he built this system about 4 months ago or so and has had odd internet issues ever since. It seems to be tied to Java or similarly operated programs i.e prime95 and minecraft. Within 5 minutes of either of those running the system is severed from the internet, it can't detect the ethernet or wifi anymore until you restart the system.

I've tried:

resetting the winsock

renewing/releasing IP doesn't work at all as it can't see a network

Swapping RAM

Changing RAM frequency

Fresh windows Install

Older version of Java install

Updated network drivers

older network drivers

Setting duplex to 100mb half

I have no idea what is the root cause of this or what I can do about it.

The system is a

Ryzen 3200

16gb ddr4 3000mhz

GTX970

Asus B450-a prime motherboard

:)

Krugle, Apr 29, 2020

2. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 29, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Remon Ont Win User

Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started - Similar Threads - Computer loses connection

2. Lose Display Port Connection, Computer Freezes when game starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lose Display Port Connection, Computer Freezes when game starts.: Igor,Please help me resolve my monitors shutting off once a game starts. This problem has been ongoig for quite some time. I have an 11700K, 3080ti, have replaced PSU and Motherboard with an MSI z590 pro. I have done a fresh install of win 11.Here is the link to my dump files...
  3. Lose Display Port Connection, Computer Freezes when game starts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lose Display Port Connection, Computer Freezes when game starts.: Igor,Please help me resolve my monitors shutting off once a game starts. This problem has been ongoig for quite some time. I have an 11700K, 3080ti, have replaced PSU and Motherboard with an MSI z590 pro. I have done a fresh install of win 11.Here is the link to my dump files...
  4. Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode: Hi I am using: Windows Version 10.0.19041.388 Lenovo Notebook Hitron Wifi/Router I have tried every thing that has been suggested on the net to solve this annoyance. Nothing has worked including recycling the router. I recall some but not all previous versions of Windows...
  5. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: I have rogers ignite 150bps internet and have the pod signal boosters. Booster is 10 ft away from my Asus laptop. Running windows 10. Problem existed before upgrading my rogers service Periodically, laptop shows no wireless connection. I first make sure WLAN is on. When I...
  6. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  7. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  8. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  9. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  10. Computer loses internet access when it connects to a network with the same name with a...

Computer loses internet access when it connects to a network with the same name with a...: My laptop loses connection to the internet whenever it suddenly and automatically changes it's connection to a similar internet network with the same name, but a number attached at the end. For example my network's name is "InternetConnection", but when I lose access to the...