Windows 10: Computer loses wired Internet connection

Discus and support Computer loses wired Internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pepinorio, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pepinorio Win User

Computer loses wired Internet connection

I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are connected via WiFi still work, so it doesn't seem to be an ISP or router issue.

Each time it happens I'm able to solve it using the Windows troubleshooter/problem solver/... (I'm not sure about the name in English); what it always says is that the default gateway was not available, and that it just did reset the ethernet adapter.

:)

Pepinorio, Dec 13, 2018

2. Losing Internet on a Wired Connection

PC is running Windows 7 64bit

Every hour or so one of my wired desktop PCs will lose internet connection for ~10 seconds. It's enough to kick me off any online games/webpages. Internet connection will come back, however any progress in games is lost.

It is not a problem with the cable, switched cables with my girlfriend's PC (right next to me) and I'm still losing connection.

Her computer doesn't lose internet. (Using the same router) Neither of our PCs have built in wireless connection capabilities.

SoHarmonious, Dec 13, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer loses wired Internet connection [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer loses wired Internet connection [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Computer loses wired Internet connection

1. Computer loses wired Internet connection - Similar Threads - Computer loses wired

2. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  3. Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode

Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode: Hi I am using: Windows Version 10.0.19041.388 Lenovo Notebook Hitron Wifi/Router I have tried every thing that has been suggested on the net to solve this annoyance. Nothing has worked including recycling the router. I recall some but not all previous versions of Windows...
  4. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: I have rogers ignite 150bps internet and have the pod signal boosters. Booster is 10 ft away from my Asus laptop. Running windows 10. Problem existed before upgrading my rogers service Periodically, laptop shows no wireless connection. I first make sure WLAN is on. When I...
  5. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  6. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  7. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  8. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  9. Wired desktop loses internet

Wired desktop loses internet: On July 30, I went down to comcast to change the old Arries modem for one of those all in one modem/wireless gate way. Reason why the change, the old Arries modem was hooked up to the old router (Linksys one from '08) of ours. I plugged everything to the new modem and...
  10. Losing wired connection

Losing wired connection: This has happened multiple times on my desktop which was upgraded to Win 10 so it is a real problem. The desktop is on a wired connection. At some point I will see that I have lost the internet connection. When this happens it doesn't automatically connect to wireless, it...