Windows 10: Computer lost all settings after restart

Discus and support Computer lost all settings after restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost all my computer settings after restart on 16 April 2020. All updates seem to be current. The screen background was lost. I had to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheoHJ, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TheoHJ Win User

Computer lost all settings after restart

I lost all my computer settings after restart on 16 April 2020.

All updates seem to be current.

The screen background was lost.

I had to reset regional settings to what I had

All files on desktop are lost

mail settings in outlook,

All historic data lost of Word docs after 16 Dec 2019,

Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides not affected

Programs not responding:

Mail

Maps

Photos

Could you please advise what to do?

:)

TheoHJ, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 16, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Computer lost all settings after restart

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer lost all settings after restart

1. Computer lost all settings after restart - Similar Threads - Computer lost settings

2. Why all settings of powertoys are stopped after computer restarted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why all settings of powertoys are stopped after computer restarted?: I set my mouse cursor highlight, did set powertoys as administrator.Though I have to turn on the highlight feature, seems that the setting didn't start automatically......
  3. Why all settings of powertoys are stopped after computer restarted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all settings of powertoys are stopped after computer restarted?: I set my mouse cursor highlight, did set powertoys as administrator.Though I have to turn on the highlight feature, seems that the setting didn't start automatically......
  4. Why all settings of powertoys are stopped after computer restarted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost everything after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything after restart.: I tried logging in to my computer as I usually do and it kept telling me that I couldnt login, which is odd, but I had to get on a zoom call so quickly so I just restarted my computer. After a few minutes my sign in screen came back up displaying my name like normal, let me...
  6. User settings are lost after restart or system update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User settings are lost after restart or system update: We have two account subscribers on a Laptop Dell Inspiron 7591 2 in 1. My wife has a family member subscription with myself the administrator. The system recently went through an automatic update. My wife's account settings, functional apps and email account were gone....
  7. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown: Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day. I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10 that is connected to an Epson LQ-350 printer and a Honeywell 1470g barcode scanner through USB ports. However, after the...
  8. Many settings lost after Shut Down or Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many settings lost after Shut Down or Restart: Windows 10 settings (language, keyboard layout, etc.) are reset to US default, Thunderbird address book emptied and email accounts' details lost, and Edge browser favourites are cleared, after Restart, or after Shut Down then later power on. Each time these are lost I go into...
  9. All touchpad settings are lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All touchpad settings are lost: Hi, I seem to have lost the function of my touchpad. I cannot find anything about it in my laptop. One day it was working just fine, the next thing it was gone as if it was never there. In device manager I can only find my wireless mouse, which I now use. Before I was able...
  10. Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart: Over the last few days, I've noticed than any and all personalization changes I've made in Window settings on my Windows 10 desktop PC with all current updates are undone and lost after a shutdown or restart. Has anyone else observed this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everytime i restart laptop it resets settings