Windows 10: Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Discus and support Computer makes annoying sound and freezes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I need help with my computer sometimes it does a weird sound like drrrrrrrrrr... and freezes and like 3 weeks ago my monitors turned off when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SmallerPlot9806, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Hello, I need help with my computer sometimes it does a weird sound like drrrrrrrrrr... and freezes and like 3 weeks ago my monitors turned off when I heard the weird sound. Is this a virus or something wrong with the tech inside the computer? also it starts lag sometimes while listening to music. (It has NEVER done this before EVER) Now the sound is gone and I don't know what to do.

:)

SmallerPlot9806, Aug 5, 2019

2. How to stop this annoying sounds in Windows 10?

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

When exactly do you get the sounds?

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

The issue could be because of corrupted sound drivers on the computer.

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Audio playback troubleshooter.

Steps to run Audio playback troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound run Audio playback troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist after running Audio playback troubleshooter move to method 2.

Method 2: Update the audio drivers.

Steps to update drivers:

• Press Windows + R keys, opens Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and click on Ok.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on High definition audio device and click on
      Update driver software
    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 5, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Shift Key making annoying sound

When my computer first opens after sleep mode, the first time I hit the shift key is always makes a really loud annoying "woop" noise - it sounds like R2D2 Computer makes annoying sound and freezes :) but it's super annoying

I have a Dell Laptop

kraftdiffer, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

1. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes - Similar Threads - Computer makes annoying

2. sounds are annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds are annoying: hi Anthony Jackson 2021 I had chrome opened on my laptop I turned up my volume on my laptop thank you let me know if you have any questions about timer i clicked ok and started timer for 5 seconds and 1 second and 3 seconds please turn timer off on google chrome this is...
  3. sounds are annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
    sounds are annoying: hi Anthony Jackson 2021 I had chrome opened on my laptop I turned up my volume on my laptop thank you let me know if you have any questions about timer i clicked ok and started timer for 5 seconds and 1 second and 3 seconds please turn timer off on google chrome this is...
  4. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying sounds: hi there i had chrome open on my laptop i had to start timer for 1 second and go back to tab and this tab thank you ant let me know if you have any questions about chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/284ccaf5-2848-4435-8cf5-bc672a9d9d26
  5. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying sounds: hi there i had chrome open on my laptop i had to start timer for 1 second and go back to tab and this tab thank you ant let me know if you have any questions about chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/284ccaf5-2848-4435-8cf5-bc672a9d9d26
  6. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer Freezes and makes a wierd buzz sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes and makes a wierd buzz sound.: OK here we go so i have just redone the OS install and things went just fine set everything up and then BOOM!!! issues. the first one that im having is that my computer will Freeze and then a buzz sound will go off but the weird thing is that i can still move my mouse. I have...
  8. Annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying sounds: How do I eliminate piano sounds when moving cursor around on screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/2e1779a4-1966-48fa-918d-e2bba91f3a4e
  9. Annoying Sound

Annoying Sound: I have a new HP computer running Windows 10. I hear a chiming sound every few minutes for no apparent reason. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sound/58d3bce4-cacc-4eb3-92a8-647537533c46
  10. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...