Windows 10: Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Discus and support Computer makes annoying sound and freezes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I need help with my computer sometimes it does a weird sound like drrrrrrrrrr... and freezes and like 3 weeks ago my monitors turned off when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SmallerPlot9806, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Hello, I need help with my computer sometimes it does a weird sound like drrrrrrrrrr... and freezes and like 3 weeks ago my monitors turned off when I heard the weird sound. Is this a virus or something wrong with the tech inside the computer? also it starts lag sometimes while listening to music. (It has NEVER done this before EVER) Now the sound is gone and I don't know what to do.

:)

SmallerPlot9806, Aug 5, 2019

2. How to stop this annoying sounds in Windows 10?

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

When exactly do you get the sounds?

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

The issue could be because of corrupted sound drivers on the computer.

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Audio playback troubleshooter.

Steps to run Audio playback troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound run Audio playback troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist after running Audio playback troubleshooter move to method 2.

Method 2: Update the audio drivers.

Steps to update drivers:

• Press Windows + R keys, opens Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and click on Ok.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on High definition audio device and click on
      Update driver software
    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 5, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

Shift Key making annoying sound

When my computer first opens after sleep mode, the first time I hit the shift key is always makes a really loud annoying "woop" noise - it sounds like R2D2 Computer makes annoying sound and freezes :) but it's super annoying

I have a Dell Laptop

kraftdiffer, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

1. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes - Similar Threads - Computer makes annoying

2. Annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying sounds: How can I eliminate the sounds from my computer since they become very annoying when it comes to work and I can’t concentrate, does anyone have the solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/7e97c48a-9ba3-4db4-9634-3f2dee7ee2ac
  3. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...
  4. W10 update makes my computer freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update makes my computer freeze: My New laptop did an update two days ago, now it freezes when I leave it for more than 10 minutes, and I have to shut it down. It will suddenly restart when I'm working on something. I'm NOT happy...
  5. Freezing/Crashing and making Buzzing/Screeching sound

Freezing/Crashing and making Buzzing/Screeching sound: Hello, I have just recently got a good gaming pc but anytime i game on Arma 3 or really high end games i will freeze and it will make a annoying sound through my headset here are my specs if anyone can help thanks :) GTX 1050 TI FX-8350 STOCK 4 GHz 12GB DDR3 Ram 425 W...
  6. Annoying sound

Annoying sound: So whenever I press "F", it makes an annoying sound. I look at every setting on Windows and I was unable to fix it. It does it on every keyboard I have. Am I the only one having this problem? If you know how to fix it, please tell me what to....
  7. annoying sound like a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying sound like a virus: it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought maybe only in the video it was played,,, actually most commonly appeared in music videos but NOW IN MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A...
  8. Computer Freezing- Linked to sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezing- Linked to sound?: Greetings! For a while now, I have had problems with Windows 10 every now and then where all of a sudden my computer will freeze for seemingly no reason. Previously I posted this forum thinking it was my NVIDIA divers (because I didn't actually need them). BUT, today...
  9. My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!: Hello, I never had an issue with my pc untill couple days ago, it started to freeze and make buzzing sound for couple seconds about every 10 minutes while playing games or watching a movie! PC specs: » CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor @ 4.00 GHz » Videocard :...
  10. Wordpad Annoying EOF Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Wordpad Annoying EOF Sound: Whenever the cursor meets the end-of-file character in Wordpad, an annoying sound happens. Wordpad has a very rudimentary settings menu, as far as I could see. I cannot ascertain a way to disable this sound. Can anyone help me? 23759