Windows 10: computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Discus and support computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this normal? Btw, casing fan was before connected to PSU and now to the new/identical motherboard. Since these noises occur now and then usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Domagoj78, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:37 AM.

1. Domagoj78 Win User

computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Is this normal? Btw, casing fan was before connected to PSU and now to the new/identical motherboard. Since these noises occur now and then usually when I am working in Word or surfing Internet I reckon the CPU fan adjusts fan speed accordingly. But why didn't it make the same periodical noise never before, similar to trying to start engine of a car (before replacing the motherboard)? It is a pretty small motherboard that can accommodate one casing fan only. 6th generation computer and all, don't play PC games just write in Word. Should I worry or this is perfectly normal for CPU fan? Or casing fan is making a bit annoying noise because now it is connected directly to the motherboard rather than PSU like before? Thanks.

:)

2. Computer makes noises

Ah, thank you for that description. That is called a beep code and means your computer is failing and needs repair. It is a hardware problem that we can't help you with here, you'd need to contact either a computer repair shop or the company that built
    the computer. See Computer Beep Codes for details.

It's like a check engine code in your car. Every computer is different (so check with whatever company built your computer). They can look up the beep code and tell you exactly what part of the computer is failing and what to replace.

Make sure you have a full backup of any files you care about, because the computer and all data on it could die at any moment. That goes no matter what (computers and drives fail suddenly all the time), but especially now since you don't know what part
    of the computer is failing.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 15, 2019 at 2:43 AM
  3. Computer makes noises

I don't store any music on my computer. It makes 3 long noises you would hear in a hearing test, stays silent for a moment, and then makes 5 short noises. It would repeat 3-5 times.

My computer says my PC needs to be repaired. It says I have missing data or an error.

4. computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Computer makes noises

I'm a Windows 10 user. Today I just turned on my computer and when I turned it on, it starts making noises. It wont turn on as I said, just will just make random noises. Anyone have a solution to this? Please and thank you.

--------------------EDIT--------------------

I realized that it fixes all by itself, but it takes too long and it happens each time I turn on my computer.

Thema:

computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

1. computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard - Similar Threads - computer makes car

2. Unable to reactivate after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard replacement: i recently replaced my motherboard and didn't create a restore point nor do i have the key as it was i think bought somewhere online. In my microsoft account the previous PC(with old Motherboard) is still shown in my account which i think is still activated for some reason...
  3. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  4. Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement: I replaced my pc's motherboard today. After first boot I found that my pc was not activated anymore. By mistake I also deleted my old device registration from my windows account. Now I can't activate using my old product key. Please advice. Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...
  6. Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate

Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate: Had to get a new motherboard for my mom's HP Pavilion 110-023w tower because the pins on the socket LGA-1155 board were bent. Was trying to clean it up and apply new thermal grease on it after I had blown out the dust bunnies out early in the month last month. This board:...
  7. BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor: Three months ago I replaced the motherboard and processor on my computerFor the 2 months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day, lately more often), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple...
  8. Replacing motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing motherboard?: I probably missed seeing this in other threads. But here goes anyway. This particular word station is Windows 10 Pro upgraded from 8.1 Pro, I have not upgraded to the AU Upgrade. I have proprietary that I just haven't had time to see how it will work we don't expect an...
  9. Replacing Motherboard Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing Motherboard Questions: I'm replacing/upgrading my motherboard and have some questions about it. Right now I'm still on W10 1511 and want to do a clean install of the AU 1607 when I'm replacing the MB. The new motherboard is UEFI capable, and I want my clean install of W10 to be UEFI. My present MB...
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...