Windows 10: computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Discus and support computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this normal? Btw, casing fan was before connected to PSU and now to the new/identical motherboard. Since these noises occur now and then usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Domagoj78, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Domagoj78 Win User

computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Is this normal? Btw, casing fan was before connected to PSU and now to the new/identical motherboard. Since these noises occur now and then usually when I am working in Word or surfing Internet I reckon the CPU fan adjusts fan speed accordingly. But why didn't it make the same periodical noise never before, similar to trying to start engine of a car (before replacing the motherboard)? It is a pretty small motherboard that can accommodate one casing fan only. 6th generation computer and all, don't play PC games just write in Word. Should I worry or this is perfectly normal for CPU fan? Or casing fan is making a bit annoying noise because now it is connected directly to the motherboard rather than PSU like before? Thanks.

:)

Domagoj78, Mar 15, 2019

2. Computer makes noises

Ah, thank you for that description. That is called a beep code and means your computer is failing and needs repair. It is a hardware problem that we can't help you with here, you'd need to contact either a computer repair shop or the company that built
    the computer. See Computer Beep Codes for details.

It's like a check engine code in your car. Every computer is different (so check with whatever company built your computer). They can look up the beep code and tell you exactly what part of the computer is failing and what to replace.

Make sure you have a full backup of any files you care about, because the computer and all data on it could die at any moment. That goes no matter what (computers and drives fail suddenly all the time), but especially now since you don't know what part
    of the computer is failing.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 15, 2019
  3. Computer makes noises

I don't store any music on my computer. It makes 3 long noises you would hear in a hearing test, stays silent for a moment, and then makes 5 short noises. It would repeat 3-5 times.

My computer says my PC needs to be repaired. It says I have missing data or an error.

Guidelines, Mar 15, 2019
  4. computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

Computer makes noises

I'm a Windows 10 user. Today I just turned on my computer and when I turned it on, it starts making noises. It wont turn on as I said, just will just make random noises. Anyone have a solution to this? Please and thank you.

--------------------EDIT--------------------

I realized that it fixes all by itself, but it takes too long and it happens each time I turn on my computer.

Guidelines, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard

1. computer makes car engine noises now and then after replaced motherboard - Similar Threads - computer makes car

2. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  3. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  4. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  6. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle: Hey, i'm having issues inside my laptop i used it for the last few days and my fan noise that runs my laptop is making car engine sounds what do i do to fix it? is there a way for me to bring it back to normal...
  7. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle: Hey, i'm having issues inside my laptop i used it for the last few days and my fan noise that runs my laptop is making car engine sounds what do i do to fix it? is there a way for me to bring it back to normal...
  8. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  10. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...