Windows 10: Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.

Discus and support Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to open any of these, I get this: https://imgur.com/a/u3siHLk I'm on an administrator account, and I still cannot open these. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OddJesus, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.

When I try to open any of these, I get this:

https://imgur.com/a/u3siHLk

I'm on an administrator account, and I still cannot open these.

I tried different things like using Run with Windows+R and typing devmgmt.msc, trying to go in the Windows+X Power User menu, but that same notification pops up.

I tried going into a Clean Boot, and that still didn't work.

The only thing that does work is using Command Prompt with administrator.

I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes Free 4.3.0 and the results came back clean. I will conduct a Microsoft Defender Offline scan as well as a Full Scan using Windows Defender sometime in the next few days and keep updating this post.

I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you all!

EDIT - My PC Specs are:

XFX RX 590 Fatboy 8GB VRAM

I5-9400F

32 GB RAM

OS Build: 19042.867

submitted by /u/OddJesus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OddJesus, Apr 6, 2021

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open. What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Darknova Win User
    No hardware listed in Device manager?

Humour me, go into task manager and kill rundll32.exe and then re-open device manager.

Darknova, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.

1. Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open. - Similar Threads - Computer Management Event

2. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  3. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  4. Device Deleted İn Device Manager Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Deleted İn Device Manager Events: İ had this issue for about 2-3 months now. My Ethernet port doesnt work i checked the cables they work fine but in device manager it says device deleted in the events anyway to troubleshoot this issue. I also reinstalled the driver...
  5. Device Deleted İn Device Manager Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Deleted İn Device Manager Events: İ had this issue for about 2-3 months now. My Ethernet port doesnt work i checked the cables they work fine but in device manager it says device deleted in the events anyway to troubleshoot this issue. I also reinstalled the driver...
  6. Device Deleted İn Device Manager Events

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 Device Manager / Event Log Viewer errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Device Manager / Event Log Viewer errors: Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from constantly trying to refresh a mapped network drive? I found that when my Synology NAS drive is asleep, I will get a lot of Error Messages in the Windows 10 Event Log under System Logs saying that there is a hard drive controller...
  8. Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management: I keep getting this dialog box when I try to open device manager. I cant figure out what to do. Please help me! submitted by /u/qwertysparrow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i54b3d/device_manager_refuses_to_open_along_with/
  9. Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt: My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex. No signal or a black screen and I would have to try several times in order for the display to show image. I tried many...
  10. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager is not in the Computer Management: It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any method of adding it back? Thanks! 57408