Windows 10: Computer management

Discus and support Computer management in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My child used my computer for their virtual homework and now certain webpages are restricted because my computer shows that it is managed by his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steph84anie, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Computer management

My child used my computer for their virtual homework and now certain webpages are restricted because my computer shows that it is managed by his school. How did this happen and how do I change it back?

:)

Steph84anie, Aug 13, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Computer management partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 13, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Computer management

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer management

1. Computer management - Similar Threads - Computer management

2. Why does on windows 10 computer task manager show 43 users under users tab with cpu, memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does on windows 10 computer task manager show 43 users under users tab with cpu, memory...: Why does windows 10 task manager show 43 users under users tab with memory and disk showing percentages almost at 100 percent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-on-windows-10-computer-task-manager-show/92bf1182-4a48-4f04-b0a5-80bc2162d277
  3. Why does on windows 10 computer task manager show 43 users under users tab with cpu, memory...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does on windows 10 computer task manager show 43 users under users tab with cpu, memory...: Why does windows 10 task manager show 43 users under users tab with memory and disk showing percentages almost at 100 percent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-on-windows-10-computer-task-manager-show/92bf1182-4a48-4f04-b0a5-80bc2162d277
  4. Why does on windows 10 computer task manager show 43 users under users tab with cpu, memory...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...: when I click on disk management on my computer, it does nothing, I tried restarting my computer to see if it worked, but nothing. I tried looking in Task Manager to see if the window had a problem opening but I come to find out that it does nothing....
  6. hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...

hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...: when I click on disk management on my computer, it does nothing, I tried restarting my computer to see if it worked, but nothing. I tried looking in Task Manager to see if the window had a problem opening but I come to find out that it does nothing....
  7. Unable re-start the "Windows Image Acquisition" service under the Computer Management ->...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable re-start the "Windows Image Acquisition" service under the Computer Management ->...: My Epson Scan app is unable to connect to the printer but the printer works fine on all printing from PC as well as local scanning. However, when try to run the Epson Scan app, it says "Cannot communicate with the scanner ..."After talking to Epson Technical Support, I was...
  8. Unable re-start the "Windows Image Acquisition" service under the Computer Management ->...

Unable re-start the "Windows Image Acquisition" service under the Computer Management ->...: My Epson Scan app is unable to connect to the printer but the printer works fine on all printing from PC as well as local scanning. However, when try to run the Epson Scan app, it says "Cannot communicate with the scanner ..."After talking to Epson Technical Support, I was...
  9. Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager! Error 36 related

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager! Error 36 related: Please, attempt to answer this question only if you know the answer, and you've made the assumption that I've exhausted all known attempts at a solution. That means In Device Manager I've already went to:Action upper left corner > Add Legacy Hardware > [started the Wizard] >...
  10. Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager!

Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager!: Please, attempt to answer this question only if you know the answer, and you've made the assumption that I've exhausted all known attempts at a solution. That means that I've already went to:Action > Add Legacy Hardware > [started the Wizard] > Install the hardware that I...