Windows 10: Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

Discus and support Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For about a year now my computer does this thing where it losses signal to the monitor and the sound in the game or the discord server im in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The_Falcario, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

Hello,

For about a year now my computer does this thing where it losses signal to the monitor and the sound in the game or the discord server im in is still playing. Sometimes the sound freezes a bit after I lose the display. Ive swapped everything but the MOBO, RAM and CPU. dont know what to do.

PC Specs:

Mobo: ASUS P9X79

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16gbs (8x2)

GPU: GTX 1070

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

If you need more info let me know.

ps. found this in event viewer, dont know if this is even what the problem is, because i have so many error, critical and warnings.

Log Name: System
    Source: Display
    Date: 3/11/2019 6:00:02 PM
    Event ID: 4101
    Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-LCR0AEQ

Description:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Display" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-11T22:00:02.273859700Z" />

<EventRecordID>29799</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-LCR0AEQ</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>nvlddmkm</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

The_Falcario, Mar 11, 2019

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds. [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Hearing loss treatment with Gene Therapy & hearing loss awareness

As someone with high frequency hearing loss at my young age. This thing is NOT supposed to happen until someone is older in age. I am glad to "hear" this or read this. I could no longer hear high frequency sound anymore. Loss at least 5000hz of the upper range sound. It frustrate me when my friend could hear what I don't and their older than me! Although as of now I can hear speech clearly music does not sound as good as they once were. And I worry about how my hearing would be over the years as now my hearing have less buffer against Presbycusis(ageing ear where your ear cells began to die). The introduction of headphones at 11 and music listening is a probably huge huge factor for my hearing and add to it living in a loud place with passing jet fighter planes. Had I known earlier I would use speakers instead, lowering headphone volume even further and make it a habit to cover my ears during loud sounds like a passing jet. I use headphone at lower volume or which i presume is low volume. It hard to tell without a db meter.

I would just remind people in this thread that hearing is important. Always take precaution! Cover your ears when there is sudden loud sounds. Do NOT use headphones in public that are not noise isolating or noise canceling. Use earplugs in high volume venues like concert! And don't be afraid to leave if the sound is giving you pain. Buying a db meter would help alot in showing you how dangerous some place are for your hearing. Most of the time hearing loss is painless and you only realised it down the road when its too late.

Prevention is currently our best medicine. Hearing loss is not as easy as just putting on hearing aids like you wear glasses. Hearing aid would NOT allow you to hear the frequency you have loss! it only make you able to use the existing hair cells that are still surviving. It does not have the fidelity of real hearing. Sad to say current treatments are just a "patch" up.

I just hope this treatment is available in hospital as soon as possible as I would not be the only one needing it according to the WHO.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-11-28/scientists-say-they-have-new-cure-hearing-loss

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/ear-care/en/

MIRTAZAPINE, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

1. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds. - Similar Threads - Computer Monitor losses

2. My monitor losses signal randomly . Then if i turn the pc off and back on it gets signal...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor losses signal randomly . Then if i turn the pc off and back on it gets signal...: I'v tried everything I could find on internet nothing fixed it for me .. i'v changed the cables cleaned the ram did everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-losses-signal-randomly-then-if-i-turn/6bbe3e92-50f1-481d-8cf2-eba93dc8bc05
  3. My monitor losses signal randomly . Then if i turn the pc off and back on it gets signal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor losses signal randomly . Then if i turn the pc off and back on it gets signal...: I'v tried everything I could find on internet nothing fixed it for me .. i'v changed the cables cleaned the ram did everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-losses-signal-randomly-then-if-i-turn/6bbe3e92-50f1-481d-8cf2-eba93dc8bc05
  4. My monitor losses signal randomly . Then if i turn the pc off and back on it gets signal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Signal Loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signal Loss: My laptop is experiencing random Signal Loss with all external PC UHD Monitors. However, using my UHD TV as an external monitor works great. How/Why is the occurring and are there any resolutions?Laptop: HP ENVY Laptop 17-ch1xxxProcessor: 11th Gen Intel Core...
  6. Signal Loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signal Loss: My laptop is experiencing random Signal Loss with all external PC UHD Monitors. However, using my UHD TV as an external monitor works great. How/Why is the occurring and are there any resolutions?Laptop: HP ENVY Laptop 17-ch1xxxProcessor: 11th Gen Intel Core...
  7. Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.: I have a Intel Core i7 9750h rtx 2060 laptop and whenever I open certain games like genshin impact or I use a emulator like cemu, they will work for 5 minutes and then crash. My temps are fine and Minecraft works fine for some reason. Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  8. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound: Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600X RX 5700 16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4 I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I...
  9. Internet WiFi signal loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet WiFi signal loss: Playing Bridge I get a pop up saying that the computer scan has quit working. Shortly after this, I lose my internet connection and it has to be reset manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-wifi-signal-loss/ca9847f9-fdba-43dd-85ed-e4747433be1d
  10. BSODs & Monitor Signal Loss, GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs & Monitor Signal Loss, GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT: (I also posted this on EightForums before realizing I wasn't on TenForums.) System Information Make: Dell Model: XPS 630i (~9 years old) Original OS: Windows Vista SP1 Original GPU: GTX 280 Current OS: Windows 10 Pro Current GPU: GT 610 Summary of the issue and...