Windows 10: Computer name and domain change.

Discus and support Computer name and domain change. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a brother printer dcp l-5500 dn after changing my pc name in the domain and pc options from admin to ws-kris, the printer still sees... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kris P. T., Mar 18, 2021.

1. Computer name and domain change.

Hello, I am using a brother printer dcp l-5500 dn after changing my pc name in the domain and pc options from admin to ws-kris, the printer still sees after reboot the same old admin name for my pc. Has anyone before encountered a similar problem before and if yes do you happen to know I could get the printer to recognize my pc with the new name instead of the old one?

:)

Kris P. T., Mar 18, 2021

2. Changing Computer Name

I'd like to change the name of my computer by the following steps:

Control Panel

System & Security

System

Computer name, domain & workgroup settings

Change settings

What are the ramifications of doing this?

GaryDelnevo, Mar 18, 2021
  3. robos Win User
    Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Computer name and domain change.

Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Computer name and domain change.

1. Computer name and domain change. - Similar Threads - Computer name domain

2. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  3. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  4. Why Windows does not change user name after name change on domain joined PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows does not change user name after name change on domain joined PC?: Here is the scenario:A user had a name change in an active directory account. Machine is domain joined. They're able to sign into computer using their domain account, but sign in screen and user profile folder in c:\users do not reflect new name. Especially, user does not...
  5. Change computer name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change computer name: What happens if I change the name of my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-computer-name/c6754c42-6398-4b42-9d1a-3f7d644fe917
  6. change name of computer

change name of computer: Need to change name of computer and sign on screen. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-computer/4d3706d2-64d8-44ba-b0cb-5a8b442c451d
  7. Domain Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Name: Hi I am running Windows 10, on both my PC and LAPTOP, and want to connect them as home or work group. How do I do this and how do I find my domain name please. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-name/bc451822-c98e-4ed5-bd33-86bd29d176fb
  8. Computer naming restrictions in a Windows domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer naming restrictions in a Windows domain: Is a computer name in a Windows server 2012 domain allowed to consist of only numerics i.e. "1234567". It seems to work OK, as my machine got a name based on its internal service tag, which is normally a mixture of letters and numbers, however this particular machine only...
  9. Changing computer name

Changing computer name: Hello I recently purchased a new hp laptop computer for my business. My coworker set up the computer not knowing what i needed computer name to be and also logged into Microsoft through it. My question is do i need to return computer to factory to change the computer and...
  10. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....