Windows 10: Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

Discus and support Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I changed my computer name so I'd be able to recognize it in a list of other computers. Now there are two users of my same name and it tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HotcakeNinja, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

I changed my computer name so I'd be able to recognize it in a list of other computers. Now there are two users of my same name and it tries to automatically log in to the new one on startup, but says I have an incorrect password. I have no clue what that password might be, but the additional user account isn't showing up in the 'Family & Other Users' settings.

submitted by /u/HotcakeNinja
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HotcakeNinja, Oct 29, 2020

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

1. Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account - Similar Threads - Computer Name Change

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Changing names of user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing names of user accounts: Is it OK to change the name of a user in the ‘users’ section of File Explorer inside This PC/Windows? I have one listed as ‘new user’ and would rather give it a more meaningful name....
  5. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  6. User Account Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Name Change: I just got this computer last week, and the last letter of my name is missing. I dont have an option to change it in the Control Panel, nor can I rename the folder through my drive. Is there another option?...
  7. Additional user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional user accounts: Hi, I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about that keeps re-appearing. I have removed it but it just keeps coming back. Any explanations or help please? [IMG]...
  8. Changing Computers User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Computers User Name: Hi, My mom just gave me her laptop so I'm trying to personalize it as me. While trying to change the Username, I don't quite get why I have already change the username in the registry but still showing different name on the system information. Anything I can do to fix this? I...
  9. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...
  10. Change user account name?

Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....