Windows 10: Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone....

Discus and support Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello support team,Recently, I 'update & restarted' my machine Windows 10. Once it turned back on, my login page had changed. My local account is not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lspen796, Jul 20, 2021.

1. lspen796 Win User

Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone....

Hello support team,Recently, I 'update & restarted' my machine Windows 10. Once it turned back on, my login page had changed. My local account is not there and in its place, a hotmail account from many years ago. I cannot switch user accounts. The recovery email address of this account is decommissioned and my attempts to recover the account via the online form submission failed as the account is so old I can't remember details from it.I read online that rebooting in safe mode might help. So I hold shift + press restart at the login page, get to WinRE and select Troubleshoot.However,

:)

lspen796, Jul 20, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 20, 2021
  3. AveryNash Win User
    wrong email address on login and can't change it to a local login. the email that comes up is not associated with an MS account

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Since then my laptop makes me login with an old email address. I am phasing that email address out and want to change my laptop login to NOT be that. When I go to "settings" for that login and try to change
    it to a local login I get, "something went wrong... your login was not changed to local... error code 0x80004005. When I login to a Microsoft account with that old email address it says one does not exists. How do I get it to let me use a local login...
    or get it changed to the login that actually IS associated with a MS account?

AveryNash, Jul 20, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone....

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone.... - Similar Threads - Computer needs old

2. Since I don't have access to my old email address, which I had 365 already on my computer,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I don't have access to my old email address, which I had 365 already on my computer,...: My old password for Microsoft was lost and when I installed the new 365 I had to get a new Microsoft account but then I could not join the new 365 to my old 365. What can I do with this problem?...
  3. Since I don't have access to my old email address, which I had 365 already on my computer,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I don't have access to my old email address, which I had 365 already on my computer,...: Since I don't have access to my old email address, which I had 365 already on my computer with, how do I get the new 365 to start at the end of my old year's subscription? Everything I try wants to send a code to my "old" email address....
  4. I don't have access to my old verification email address and cant sign into my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have access to my old verification email address and cant sign into my PC: Today I installed some new RAM on my PC. I messed up and had to reset the CMOS battery which reset the BIOS settings.I got all that fixed.. but when i booted my PC up it says my pin is not available and i cant sign in.. i have to set up a new pin.. fine.. except that before i...
  5. I don't have access to my old verification email address and cant sign into my PC

I don't have access to my old verification email address and cant sign into my PC: Today I installed some new RAM on my PC. I messed up and had to reset the CMOS battery which reset the BIOS settings.I got all that fixed.. but when i booted my PC up it says my pin is not available and i cant sign in.. i have to set up a new pin.. fine.. except that before i...
  6. I have to get to an old email account It's *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have to get to an old email account It's *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: I have to get into my old account. It's *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-get-to-an-old-email-account-its/0850e74e-2329-4db4-a23b-c0bf9b573108
  7. I have to get to an old email account It's *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to get to an old email account It's *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: I have to get into my old account. It's *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-get-to-an-old-email-account-its/0850e74e-2329-4db4-a23b-c0bf9b573108
  8. I have to get to an old email account It's *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

9. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  10. Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account: Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account (the second email account used was deleted due to moving and switching internet providers), and it sent me to a questionnaire that I have filled out 3 times, but was unsuccessful. I am just trying to put windows...