Windows 10: Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices

Discus and support Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the Network and sharing center is not showing any other devices. i googled that if Service.msc>computer browser and set it to automatic(delayed) it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Safaiat Hossain, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices

As the Network and sharing center is not showing any other devices. i googled that if Service.msc>computer browser and set it to automatic(delayed) it might work. And for the 1st time it worked. But after few days it stopped working again. While fixing it again to automatic(delayed) it shows "the delayed auto start-flag could not be set Error 87: The parameter is incorrect. I also tried the settings>update & security>recovery>reset>keep all data but didn't worked .Need help urgent. I couldn't access my nas storage. How to solve it??

Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices dd04d948-81b3-470d-872f-c4289a6af8a1?upload=true.png

:)

Safaiat Hossain, Aug 14, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

topgundcp, Aug 14, 2019
  3. file sharing over local network issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest the following to resolve the issue you are faced with.

Method 1: Windows can't detect a computer on a Public network. To fix this problem, you can try changing the network location to Home or Work or try connecting to a network that already has a Home or Work network location.

Method 2:

If Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol is disabled on the network adapter. Windows uses the LLTD protocol to map computers and devices on a network. To enable LLTD, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type adapter, and then, under
      Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

• Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

• Select the Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder check boxes, and then click
      OK.

[*]
    Method 3: To turn on network discovery, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type network, click
      Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.

• Click the drop down icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

• Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 14, 2019
  4. jl2509 Win User

Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices

2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices

Hi

OK I understand now, This is not an issue with devices appearing as media devices, it is an issue where devices are simply not appearing in the network list.

Where do you get the "access denied, contact your network manager"?

I would suggest updating to 1809 - 17763.253
    Just to ensure that you are at the latest release and updates installed.

As you will have found, there are many posts about this issue and unfortunately there are many proposed resolutions. Enabling SMB 1.0 and the Services listed below normally resolves the issue.

• Function Discovery Provider Host - Automatic
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication - Automatic
    • DNS Client - Automatic
    • SSDP Discovery - Automatic
    • UPnP Device Host - Automatic
    Older and non compatible devices need SMB 1.0 to be visible on the network and this would need to be enabled on all devices as well not just the PC you are describing.

To recap....

Can you see all devices in network devices as you would expect on the other PCs/Laptops?
    Can you ping the devices by IP and by Name? Can you access the PCs via command line \\PCName\Share
    ------
    If you have ensured SMB 1.0 is enabled, SMB Direct, as per the image image below

Then I can only suggest corrupt registry settings.
    try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt to check for any integrity violations.

then try and force the settings again, try clearing the the SMB 1.0 and SMB Direct settings completely and restarting, then select them as per the image above followed by a restart.

Please post back with updates

jl2509, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices

1. Computer network and sharing center is now showing any local devices - Similar Threads - Computer network sharing

2. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  3. Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page: Hi, i got a bit more into domestic networking and sharing files between computers on our local network here at home lately, and have encountered a pretty strange problem on my PC. I created a couple of test shares and enabled all the settings necessary to make it identifiable...
  4. Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page: Hi, i got a bit more into domestic networking and sharing files between computers on our local network here at home lately, and have encountered a pretty strange problem on my PC. I created a couple of test shares and enabled all the settings necessary to make it identifiable...
  5. Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Any way to change active network order in Network & Sharing center?

Any way to change active network order in Network & Sharing center?: Windows inconsistencies drive me bonkers. I have two wireless radios (like most) a 2.4 and a 5. I have them on separate SSID's for several reasons, most important is due to band steering being awful - but thats another discussion entirely. At the moment when I connect to...
  8. Network and Sharing center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network and Sharing center: Hi I am not able to open Network and Sharing center, when I click on Network and Sharing center from control panel, control panel freezes. I am stuck with an hour glass, cannot close control panel when clicking on the X, cannot open any other programs in control panel when...
  9. Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets

Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets: Hello. I got a laptop a week ago with Windows 10. This morning when I tried to copy a document from the main PC (Windows 7) via WiFi, an error appeared "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network...
  10. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...