Windows 10: computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's...

Discus and support computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I set my wife's computer up a few months ago, I used my information setting it up. Tried to change the account name to her's yesterday and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jonsilverhammer, Jul 28, 2020.

1. computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's...

When I set my wife's computer up a few months ago, I used my information setting it up. Tried to change the account name to her's yesterday and now the computer no longer recognizes the window's 10 Pro software as original. How can I fix this issue. The computer was purchased from an OEM Builder and they provided the software with the system. Microsoft has recognized the key as official and now does not.

:)

jonsilverhammer, Jul 28, 2020

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Jul 28, 2020
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 28, 2020
  4. computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's...

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's...

1. computer no longer accepting license Key as original after changing user name on wife's... - Similar Threads - computer longer accepting

2. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  3. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  4. User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel: I've changed my user name on windows 10 on "Control Panel" from ASUS to Syafa Hadyan but, in C/Users the user name not changed [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. My wife name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wife name?: Elizabeth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-name/3f415dc3-898b-48d0-b557-54057cdcdafa
  6. How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?: Hello When i reset my Dell laptop it requires a Microsoft account after the reset and then the user folder name in C is named after the 5 characters of the email address Can i rename it or give it another name from the beginning??...
  7. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  8. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  9. Changing Computers User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Computers User Name: Hi, My mom just gave me her laptop so I'm trying to personalize it as me. While trying to change the Username, I don't quite get why I have already change the username in the registry but still showing different name on the system information. Anything I can do to fix this? I...
  10. Changing user name on used computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing user name on used computer: I got a used computer and when I set it up I logged in with my Microsoft account. This worked fine it changed my login and I am the admin of this computer. My problem is when I go into the file explorer under user it still says the previous users name. Is there a way to...