Windows 10: Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

Discus and support Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my desktop computer loss internet access after reboot itself overnight last week. (Intel core i7-2600 cpu, Windows 10 Pro build 1803, 5/19/2018, OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulianT670, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

Hi, my desktop computer loss internet access after reboot itself overnight last week. (Intel core i7-2600 cpu, Windows 10 Pro build 1803, 5/19/2018, OS Build 17134.112, 12 GB RAM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller). There is a red x mark on the network icon. Windows Diagnostics shows " There might be problem with the driver of Ethernet adapter" and could not fix it. Tried uninstalled device and reboot, installed latest Ethernet driver from Realtek, reboot computer, plug in USB Wi-Fi receiver, Nothing worked. If I plug the Ethernet cable into another computer, internet works fine. Tried roll back to previous point, all the available restore points cannot complete the restore and nothing changed. Talked to Microsoft people and they suggested a clean installation of Windows 10. I doubt this will work because after I uninstalled Ethernet adapter and reboot, the OS installed a 2015 Microsoft version driver for Ethernet adapter and the problem still remains. Thank you for any advice on this.

:)

JulianT670, Jul 8, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 8, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

Can't no longer Access OneDrive, Apps Store, Mail

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue.

In the screen shots which you have provided us, I am unable to see that you are connected to Internet. I would suggest you to kindly make sure that you are connected to Internet and then check. Once you are connected to Internet, check if the issue persists.

This problem might also be caused due to security settings, please follow the below step and check if it helps.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

• Enter Settings

• Click on Network and Internet

• Click Wi-Fi

• Scroll down and Click on Internet Options

• Click on Advanced Tab

• Under Settings window scroll until you see Security

• Check the boxes for
    Use TLS 1.0

Use TLS 1.1

Use TLS 1.2

• Select Apply on bottom and then OK.

• Reopen Store and Cortana and everything should work..

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

1. Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself - Similar Threads - Computer longer internet

2. Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...: My 92 year old mother-in-law's computer is preventing her from accessing her programs.Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have password. How to bypass the need for internet to access computer games?...
  3. Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...: My 92 year old mother-in-law's computer is preventing her from accessing her programs.Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have password. How to bypass the need for internet to access computer games?...
  4. Computer keeps rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  5. Computer keeps rebooting itself

Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  6. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access: After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600...
  7. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access: After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600...
  8. laptop computer reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop computer reboots by itself: I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself. I can shut it down 2 or 3 times and it reboots each time. The only way I can shut it down successfully is by pressing the power button...
  9. No internet access after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access after reboot: I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable applications, (cant remember exactly where I did that), then I was told to reboot. now when I get to the log in screen I see a...
  10. Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi: I've never had a problem but all of a sudden my laptop cannot access my network to see other computers and printers through Wi-Fi. Ethernet connection sees the other computers. Internet works fine. It also shows the laptop when I pull up the router settings. The homegroup is...